• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 24th - March 26th White Potential Discussion/OBS

True...they nailed Snowtober though. :whistle:

(I tend to agree that it'll be more wet than white with Christmas low but I was just trollin' ya...)

That was the 36 hr before the event run. I was comparing some of the thermal fields with the wunderground output, it does seem a tad generous with the snow. It should be snowing this morning here based on a run a couple of days ago.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't say I'm that optimistic....think I would need about another 700 ft to make much of a difference. But what do I know...I leave it to the true professionals like you to bring clarity to the weenie masses! I hope you and the family have a great holiday!

Paul

Paul,

Every foot of elevation will help (and appears needed).

Can't say I'm that optimistic....think I would need about another 700 ft to make much of a difference. But what do I know...I leave it to the true professionals like you to bring clarity to the weenie masses! I hope you and the family have a great holiday!

Paul

Thank-you Paul and I hope its a great holiday for you and your family also. Thank-you for all the observations you post here and e-mail to us at the office. It has given us a better understanding of Chester County weather and hope has helped us make better forecasts for your county and area.

I have said it before but I truly believe we have the best NWSFO in the country. I kind of liken you and the team like the Phillies of the National League. I may quote other sources but I still know where to go for the best local info!! Thanks for all you and the team do in the Mt Holly office!

Paul

Thank-you Paul and I hope its a great holiday for you and your family also. Thank-you for all the observations you post here and e-mail to us at the office. It has given us a better understanding of Chester County weather and hope has helped us make better forecasts for your county and area.

was just going to post this...just shows how awful those snow maps are...no way thats 3-6 inches of snow with thicknesses of 546-550, and temps above freezing

I don't know what wunderground uses, but Earthsat takes the raw model output and shows a 4-8" swath in the NW burbs. The Earthsat maps have been pretty spot on for recent systems. All that said, I expect it to head back NW if it is wrapped up or head OTS like the GFS if it's not.

Remember it's that cold even with the high retreating, with a thump at the beginning and snow at the end. So there is room for this to trend better. Of course in this pattern, I have to not get my hopes up.

It sounds like your hopes are already up.

I don't know what wunderground uses, but Earthsat takes the raw model output and shows a 4-8" swath in the NW burbs. The Earthsat maps have been pretty spot on for recent systems. All that said, I expect it to head back NW if it is wrapped up or head OTS like the GFS if it's not.

even with thicknesses that warm? A high sliding off the coast to, so the wind component has to be off the ocean. before any real precip comes in the 546 thickness is on the m/d line then shoots north from there on the later panel.

even with thicknesses that warm? A high sliding off the coast to, so the wind component has to be off the ocean. before any real precip comes in the 546 thickness is on the m/d line then shoots north from there on the later panel.

You know what I think is going to happen, I'm just saying the raw output suggests snow ;)

I'd be curious to know what the surface temps are at the onset...you'd have to have a helluva thump to overcome 546 thickness, even in December.

Archived