Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 24th - March 26th White Potential Discussion/OBS

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just thought I'd share, I think they covered all the possibilities...although I think they're over doing the possible snow scenario.

http://abcnews.go.co...38#.TvHodF08PZg

the video mentions rain for big cities and article has

"While blizzard conditions may have ended over the U.S. for now, a Nor'easter is now a possibility for December 24 - 25, which might mean a white Christmas for major cities along the East Coast from Washington, D.C. to Boston and hectic travel conditions for millions."

:huh:

JB's latest

"But look folks the theory is simple here. I am not going to change a pattern recognition idea based on model waffling. In fact I have the model that would make the snow. The 72 hour JMA has a weaker northern branch that the GFS is jumping on over the lakes and is most certainly going to phase the system coming into the northern rockies with the trough over the southwest. So this is not over by any means"

JB's latest

"But look folks the theory is simple here. I am not going to change a pattern recognition idea based on model waffling. In fact I have the model that would make the snow. The 72 hour JMA has a weaker northern branch that the GFS is jumping on over the lakes and is most certainly going to phase the system coming into the northern rockies with the trough over the southwest. So this is not over by any means"

I wouldn't be shocked if the 0z runs were a hiccup, but I still don't see how, even if everything trends back, we're going to get snow in the big cities.

Adam,

Agree....but I think he still has a shot for his 1" or more on the ground N and W of I95 by Christmas night....with a few flakes seen in the air of the big cities

I wouldn't be shocked if the 0z runs were a hiccup, but I still don't see how, even if everything trends back, we're going to get snow in the big cities.

Adam,

Agree....but I think he still has a shot for his 1" or more on the ground N and W of I95 by Christmas night....with a few flakes seen in the air of the big cities

How far N and W? I could see places with elevation sneaking out an inch, maybe, but it's hard to see the BL not being an issue for most in the subforum.

That is the million $ question....JBs map had the 1" line at least 30 miles W of I95 and I would bet someone with elevation (+850ft) will eek out an official "White Christmas"

How far N and W? I could see places with elevation sneaking out an inch, maybe, but it's hard to see the BL not being an issue for most in the subforum.

That is the million $ question....JBs map had the 1" line at least 30 miles W of I95 and I would bet someone with elevation (+850ft) will eek out an official "White Christmas"

Make it 50 miles and I think he could verify. Gonna be tough outside of you and Redsky to get much more than a few flakes with this.

I really don't like to bad mouth a professional...but Henry is kind of the face that replaced JB on accuweather.com and he is to be kind ......a model reader with absolutely no forecasting out of him at all. Love em or hate him at least JB put a stake in the ground and would not use models for a forecast...just support. I may be dropping my accuweather sub real soon. It's a bit of an excess to have both Weatherbell and Accu Wx

Henry M. on board (till model run change), lock n load, ;)

590x451_12211557_severe3.png

I really don't like to bad mouth a professional...but Henry is kind of the face that replaced JB on accuweather.com and he is to be kind ......a model reader with absolutely no forecasting out of him at all. Love em or hate him at least JB put a stake in the ground and would not use models for a forecast...just support. I may be dropping my accuweather sub real soon. It's a bit of an excess to have both Weatherbell and Accu Wx

In terms of bang for your buck, Bastardi is 100x better than Margusity. You know you have to take the JB hypecasts with a grain of salt, but he actually has talent for sniffing out forecasts, even if he always goes for the worst case scenario.

Archived