• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
Second Half of December Weather Banter and Obs

TheTrials

For the 12/27-28 time frame, possible split flow WITH nice ridging out west kicking the SE ridge to the curb for a little with a fresh canadian airmass and a northern \ southern stream phase?

mmmm, drool.

May even get a little help over the top of greenland for that one

I like that date to, hmmmmmm wonder why that date sticks out

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At this point I just want to see some snow...a squall...a dusting..something to remind me its December. I'd hate to go the whole month with literally not even a flake.

I noticed Sunday looks to not get out of the mid to upper 30s now. Is it just me or does it seem like the trend for the past few months has been cool on the weekends, moderating early week, torch mid week, precip and then cooling down again late in the week?

Same I also love the hours before a storm even the day before waiting for flakes,cloudy out watching radar. Sun in the winter is boring

I like that date to, hmmmmmm wonder why that date sticks out

we won't see anything like that storm with the NAO and AO as it is but there is def. some relaxation of the ridiculous positive anomolies over the top of greenland which could help.

The bigger thing in that setup is what is happening out west with the split flow and nicely placed ridging into western canada.

That keep the SE ridge at bay and gives us at least a shot at something.

For the 12/27-28 time frame, possible split flow WITH nice ridging out west kicking the SE ridge to the curb for a little with a fresh canadian airmass and a northern \ southern stream phase?

mmmm, drool.

May even get a little help over the top of greenland for that one

Yeah saw that too. Hr 276 has some gorgeous confluence over SE Canada, ridge pushing some energy down into the plains.

Probably wont happen given the teleconnections are the way they are

we won't see anything like that storm with the NAO and AO as it is but there is def. some relaxation of the ridiculous positive anomolies over the top of greenland which could help.

The bigger thing in that setup is what is happening out west with the split flow and nicely placed ridging into western canada.

That keep the SE ridge at bay and gives us at least a shot at something.

Snow is snow

Yeah saw that too. Hr 276 has some gorgeous confluence over SE Canada, ridge pushing some energy down into the plains.

Probably wont happen given the teleconnections are the way they are

What I see out west around the 27/28th is better than anything we have seen so far outside of 10/31. The split flow with the ridging gets rid of enemy #1, the SE ridge.

Given where we have been, take that and roll the dice, at least there is a chance.

We have had NO chances lately, including that turd last week.

It seems like the first real glimmer of hope we've had. I also like that the GFS has it getting colder around day 8 and running through the new year now. Might not exactly be an arctic outbreak but its at least a solid cooldown back to normal or a tad below.

What I see out west around the 27/28th is better than anything we have seen so far outside of 10/31. The split flow with the ridging gets rid of enemy #1, the SE ridge.

Given where we have been, take that and roll the dice, at least there is a chance.

We have had NO chances lately, including that turd last week.

It seems like the first real glimmer of hope we've had. I also like that the GFS has it getting colder around day 8 and running through the new year now. Might not exactly be an arctic outbreak but its at least a solid cooldown back to normal or a tad below.

While I agree that the timeframe of the 25-28th will have relatively cold air... each run keeps hinting at a total loss of cold air across most of North America in the very last few days of the year leading into New Year's.. to me, it looks downright balmy almost. That better start changing. I don't like that I keep seeing it run after run.. even though it's fantasy range.

those "events" never work out. the waa is always under forecast and whatever falls usually falls after the column warms.

ewww. so not true. Maybe for the heat island of mount earthlight with your latitude but I ahve seem them work out plenty of times.

Are they tough? You betcha, but as modeled today, it could work, and its got a better shot than what you were excited about last week.

Archived