e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Central PA Thread - Met. Winter 11-12 Obs/Disco

PennMan

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking of satellite images, boy are weatherunderground's new satellite maps ever awful on their default setting. Based on the vis, we should be sunny. Here's reality:

post-1498-0-92279700-1326384712.jpg

Still cloudy here. Not as socked in as this morning, since I can see Mt Nittany and the Tussey ski slopes out my window

Still cloudy here. Not as socked in as this morning, since I can see Mt Nittany and the Tussey ski slopes out my window

Going to be interesting to see if that clearing to our south makes it here. Although I don't know if it will have much effect if it makes it hear by say 3 or so. Currently 41, however.

Going to be interesting to see if that clearing to our south makes it here. Although I don't know if it will have much effect if it makes it hear by say 3 or so. Currently 41, however.

I think we'll make it most of the afternoon. Solar noon was an hour or so ago, and like you said a few hours more and it won't matter much. Hopefully will end up several degrees below forecast high.

I like to use the 1km reflectivity for the HRRR when analyzing the simulated radar. I tend to find the composite shows quite a bit more virga and excess returns.

None the less it is a shame the BL is so warm, otherwise this would have been a nice little snow event.

I'll take my quick spurt of snow and be happy I guess. I just want this winter to be over already so we can get on to the next one.

Wow, western PA does pretty well on the latest NAM

Yes it looks great for WPA, question for us though is it an 18z blip, or the model catching onto something last minute? Prior to this run, our area outside of the ridges looked good for a solid 2-3, but if this verified maybe closer to 4-5 inches. The way this winter is going it could end being the biggest storm we get this season.

Archived