joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 7th-8th Obs. Thread

Parsley

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know some people north and west are getting excited about it "cooling off faster than progged" but that may just be a matter of the models not resolving the intensity of the front very well on the mesoscale.

Yeah, I am not all that excited when I have to look at the cams on Rt 22 coming up towards Ebensburg from Altoona to see any snow in PA at this point. Although it is accumulating quite nicey there, but that area it is to be expected.

I know some people north and west are getting excited about it "cooling off faster than progged" but that may just be a matter of the models not resolving the intensity of the front very well on the mesoscale.

We're so far above freezing it's gonna take a while to get to snow in the Philly metro.

The winners in this will be the mountains, like we've all been saying.

Where are the obs. people! :pimp:

18z Nam does show a nice band swinging through eastern PA between about 3z-7z, (check out the sim. radar at 6z) when it should be cold enough for snow. Still though for most, its a few hours, at best....and for some closer to and SE of PHL, likely nada.

18z Nam does show a nice band swinging through eastern PA between about 3z-7z, (check out the sim. radar at 6z) when it should be cold enough for snow. Still though for most, its a few hours, at best....and for some closer to and SE of PHL, likely nada.

Changeover occurs between 11 and 1 per the 18z.

http://www.meteo.psu.edu/~gadomski/NAMSFC4_18z/cloop.html

It's raining outside of my workplace near Lansdale, PA. That's about as good of an observation as I can give.

I suppose it's not as interesting for snow/winter lovers to post obs for a rain event in December...but I do think those of us north of the PA turnpike will get at least a coating of snow late tonight before precip ends.

It's raining outside of my workplace near Lansdale, PA. That's about as good of an observation as I can give.

I suppose it's not as interesting for snow/winter lovers to post obs for a rain event in December...but I do think those of us north of the PA turnpike will get at least a coating of snow late tonight before precip ends.

same for me ;)

I made the comment about "where's the obs" b/c people were talking models, etc.....and not posting obs. :)

After 70 inches of rain, rainstorms are boring but, obs. are still interesting, especially for those locations that will see a few inches of snow across higher elevations.

.74" flood.gif

47.6f

All I can say is flooding will be a real big issue in the morning with localized road closures and traffic delays. To hell with the snow. The Little Lehigh was already out of its banks this evening and those red cells in VA and NC will add to the misery. I have never seen this much rain in two weeks time for our area from Thanksgiving until now. If we get a hard freeze, the soils will lock the moisture in place and set us up for some major flooding in the Spring. The groundwater table is enhancing the flow of our localized surface springs to the point that they will not even freeze at this rate. I ask for dry cold weather now.

Archived