Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Banter and BS December 2011

Alpha5

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Decent cold in the mid-long range, but heights are still way to low over greenland to get excited.....like I said, the Euro tried twice to drive a ridge up to the east of Greenland, so hopefully that feature continues on future runs.

At this point even an east based NAO helps us

nope, that would just give you 1988, and trust me, if you were alive and could remember that, you would just shoot yourself right now.

We had an east based NAO for the first half of december last year.......an east based is not good for snow, but it can produce cold. LIke I said, just look at last december

there were several reasons for the cold epo was a bigger factor as was the ao.

east based nao can be cold, but it's not guaranteed and in this particular pattern would probably do little

Congrats on the improvement in golfing. The JMA sight is that goes out to 8 days on Accuweather is down. I would like to see where that storm goes next weekend. Do you think it cuts to the Lakes after that?

my handicap is down to 91 which is much improved from the beginning of the year. New ping irons have really helped, plus more time on the course.

Re: Rain, hey, give it three weeks.

Nah. Rain is wet regardless of the Low's position. wink.png

one system gives cold rain, the cutter warm sector's us and we get tropical downpours, squall lines, water spouts for William, and hail for Mt. Earthlight that he will claim was snow and will measure it and say he got three feet.

This looks MUCH more like the JMA except I believe that the JMA brings the WHOLE storm out next weekend and does not leave it behind like the GFS is doing. Can you imagine? This is what I was talking about. If the storm can develop next weekend it will have the big old High pressure to the north of it as it moves east. Perfect transient set-up if the timing is right.

Front end thump on the GFS?

f156.gif

This looks MUCH more like the JMA except I believe that the JMA brings the WHOLE storm out next weekend and does not leave it behind like the GFS is doing. Can you imagine? This is what I was talking about. If the storm can develop next weekend it will have the big old High pressure to the north of it as it moves east. Perfect transient set-up if the timing is right.

The GEFS is also showing something.

18zgfsensemblep12192.gif

The high temperature in C NJ today was a tad cooler than modeled. Most forecasted highs were in the lower 40s for my area, but the temperature only got to 39 Degrees as a high today. This can likely be attributed to the fact that last night I was much colder than forecasted, and got to 18 degrees in C NJ. Radiational cooling is something the models need to get in order to get more accurate forecasts. Today was one of the first days in December where it actually felt like December :lol:

My temperature right now has fallen to 28 Degrees now.

The models show troughing near AK and troughing near Greenland, which not only indicates a +NAO, but it shows that the -EPO/+PNA which is the only reason why these transient cool shots have been occuring, will be supressed, and have less of an effect on the pattern here. As a result, the SE Ridge is allowed to flourish with no cold air supressing or destroying the SE Ridge. The temperatures will warm to at least seasonable conditions next week, and will be seasonable to mild until another cool shot comes after next weekend.

Archived