• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Medium-long range thread

tombo82685

funny how the gfs shows a double low storm that gives this area tons of snow, while euro has nothing

Eh, the models have occasionally been throwing a bone to you guys, only to yank back on the string almost immediately. I would tend to think this is another one of those.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i havent seen the models this bad in a while, they can not get any thing right

I don't think they've been especially bad as far as skill goes (though I don't have the stats to back that up so I could be wrong). However, as far as throwing you guys some hope, they've definitely been pretty minimal. Of course, so far that's been "correct".

So it is showing the MJO stuck in phase 6 for the next month?.

I'm going to move these posts to medium-long range thread, since this is more a humor thread. I don't have the MJO forecasts from it yet, only H5, T85, and 2m temps, but they are all showing a blowtorch. The MJO forecasts usually don't update until tomorrow morning on the NCEP site.

If I had to guess, though, I'd bet the MJO is in P5/P6 in Week 3.

I'm going to move these posts to medium-long range thread, since this is more a humor thread. I don't have the MJO forecasts from it yet, only H5, T85, and 2m temps, but they are all showing a blowtorch. The MJO forecasts usually don't update until tomorrow morning on the NCEP site.

If I had to guess, though, I'd bet the MJO is in P5/P6 in Week 3.

Are they generally very accurate?.

Very accurate? I don't know what your measure is. Do they, on average, beat climatology? Yes. Is their output written in stone? Of course not.

I of course know they are not written in stone, that is what i meant do they beat climatology. So you are not excited like many others seem to be for the upcoming pattern. Thanks for your info.

Very accurate? I don't know what your measure is. Do they, on average, beat climatology? Yes. Is their output written in stone? Of course not.

Is this the torch side of you or actually what they are saying because every time in the past i transcribe say what Brett anderson interpretation is I am told that it is not accurate...so are they actually that warm outside one week?

I of course know they are not written in stone, that is what i meant do they beat climatology. So you are not excited like many others seem to be for the upcoming pattern. Thanks for your info.

I've been saying Jan 13-18 or so should be cold here, then the next shot of cold would be around Feb 1. If you believe the weeklies, that might even be wrong. I'm basing Feb 1 on what could in the stratosphere, but the MJO could very well overwhelm anything going on the polar regions.

I've been saying Jan 13-18 or so should be cold here, then the next shot of cold would be around Feb 1. If you believe the weeklies, that might even be wrong. I'm basing Feb 1 on what could in the stratosphere, but the MJO could very well overwhelm anything going on the polar regions.

Would the weeklies pick up on the strat warming downwelling or not?

Is this the torch side of you or actually what they are saying because every time in the past i transcribe say what Brett anderson interpretation is I am told that it is not accurate...so are they actually that warm outside one week?

For PHL proper:

Week 1 +2

Week 2 0

Week 3 +5

Week 4 +1

Would the weeklies pick up on the strat warming downwelling or not?

I honestly don't know the answer to that question. It's a fully coupled ocean-atmosphere model (it's actually the Euro ensemble coupled to a dynamic ocean), but I don't know how much skill, if any, the Euro ensemble has at forecasting SSWs.

So basically if we do not get that fantasy storm early next week we are SOL.

Not necessarily. Climo is still favorable here for an overrunning type event in the middle of an otherwise crappy pattern. Look what happened in DC today.

Yea but in the DC area very few places got it to stick on the streets it was mainly on grassy areas. I have to get real desperate to hope for that kind of storm. I hope i do not come to that this winter.

Archived