joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Potential Thanksgiving Day Storm?

Snow_Miser

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry about that Algreek, I had 3 posts reported saying i was trolling without explanation, just wanted to multiqoute those posts for all to see where I stood on the storm and that I had laid out my thoughts.

Happy Thanksgiving

We don't mix these types of posts like SNE does.

We keep stuff in the banter thread mostly, including long range models.

Makes threads much more bearable.

Upton is being very bullish for this threat. Their AFD reads: THEN FOR THE MIDWEEK SYSTEM...STILL QUITE A BIT OF SPREAD IN ENSEMBLES AND OPERATIONAL MODELS IN TIMING...TRACK AND STRENGTH OF LOW PRESSURE MOVING FROM THE MID MISSISSIPPI VALLEY MON NIGHT AND TOWARDS THE REGION TUES INTO TUESDAY NIGHT. EURO/CAN MODELS AND NUMEROUS GEFS MEMBERS SIGNALING MORE PHASED ENERGY AND STRONGER AND LESS PROGRESSIVE COASTAL LOW WED INTO THU. THIS WOULD RESULT IN HEAVIER QPF WED INTO WED NIGHT...WITH EVEN POTENTIAL FOR TRANSITIONING WINTRY PRECIP AND STRONG WINDS WED NIGHT INTO THANKSGIVING. THE ABOVE UNCERTAINTIES REDUCE CONFIDENCE ON SENSIBLE WEATHER TUES NIGHT THROUGH THU. CONTINUE TO MONITOR SUBSEQUENT FORECASTS FOR THE LATEST. Here is the HWO: THERE IS POTENTIAL FOR A SIGNIFICANT COASTAL STORM WITH HEAVY PRECIPITATION...STRONG WINDS...AND EVEN COASTAL FLOODING TUESDAY NIGHT INTO THURSDAY. UNCERTAINTY REMAINS HIGH ON THE SPECIFICS OF THE SYSTEM THOUGH...SO MONITOR SUBSEQUENT NWS FORECASTS FOR THE LATEST.

Upton is being very bullish for this threat. Their AFD reads: THEN FOR THE MIDWEEK SYSTEM...STILL QUITE A BIT OF SPREAD IN ENSEMBLES AND OPERATIONAL MODELS IN TIMING...TRACK AND STRENGTH OF LOW PRESSURE MOVING FROM THE MID MISSISSIPPI VALLEY MON NIGHT AND TOWARDS THE REGION TUES INTO TUESDAY NIGHT. EURO/CAN MODELS AND NUMEROUS GEFS MEMBERS SIGNALING MORE PHASED ENERGY AND STRONGER AND LESS PROGRESSIVE COASTAL LOW WED INTO THU. THIS WOULD RESULT IN HEAVIER QPF WED INTO WED NIGHT...WITH EVEN POTENTIAL FOR TRANSITIONING WINTRY PRECIP AND STRONG WINDS WED NIGHT INTO THANKSGIVING. THE ABOVE UNCERTAINTIES REDUCE CONFIDENCE ON SENSIBLE WEATHER TUES NIGHT THROUGH THU. CONTINUE TO MONITOR SUBSEQUENT FORECASTS FOR THE LATEST. Here is the HWO: THERE IS POTENTIAL FOR A SIGNIFICANT COASTAL STORM WITH HEAVY PRECIPITATION...STRONG WINDS...AND EVEN COASTAL FLOODING TUESDAY NIGHT INTO THURSDAY. UNCERTAINTY REMAINS HIGH ON THE SPECIFICS OF THE SYSTEM THOUGH...SO MONITOR SUBSEQUENT NWS FORECASTS FOR THE LATEST.

Interesting that they refer to this a coastal storm even though the majority of the models that they mention take the storm through the northern Mid Atlantic and SNE before moving offshore... the exact track doesn't matter much though as long as there's going to be significant impacts from this storm, in this case in the form of heavy rain and potentially gusty winds.

Sorry about that Algreek, I had 3 posts reported saying i was trolling without explanation, just wanted to multiqoute those posts for all to see where I stood on the storm and that I had laid out my thoughts.

Happy Thanksgiving

You quoted me in there..I was not accusing you of trolling at all, just clarifying that I was not forecasting snow for NYC on Wednesday...because I thought you may have misinterpreted that from my post the other day.

With the storm expected to move through central NY, the GFS, ECM and NAM show temps reaching the lower 60s on Wednesday, and the area briefly gets warm sectored before the cold front moves through in the afternoon. The NAM and GFS even show slightly negative LI and decent bulk shear... it's late in the season, but perhaps we could have rumbles of thunder on Wednesday?

With the storm expected to move through central NY, the GFS, ECM and NAM show temps reaching the lower 60s on Thursday, and the area briefly gets warm sectored before the cold front moves through in the afternoon. The NAM and GFS even show slightly negative LI and decent bulk shear... it's late in the season, but perhaps we could have rumbles of thunder on Thursday?

Thats wednesday

Archived