• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Pittsburgh/Western Pa Weather

north pgh

I hate how the local newscasters are so starved for ratings that they scare the hell out of viewers so they will watch.

I am watching Judge Judy and Peggy Finigan comes on the commercial with "getting ready for a MAJOR STORM to hit our area" and then the weathercasters chime in with "Were tracking which areas will get A HALF A FOOT and which areas will be looking at "DOWNED TREES and POWER LINES".

Bread and Milk

Bread and Milk

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah....but as a whole the recent history of the locals around here is serious downplaying of everything.

Hey...both of those things could happen somewhere in the viewing area :snowing:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Come on North!! Hope you stay all snow throughout this event!...enjoy it man!! :thumbsup: ...hoping our brief period of snow starts soon!...AND Letang scores PP goal with that idiot who gave him a concussion was in the box!...Go pens and come on snow!

This is going to surprise and get all snow down to the Southern Allegheny Co. line. Bethel Park deserves 3-5 and no ice. I can feel it!

Also, Go Pens!

This morning in Plum it was 1 degree on my car dash. Two miles away near Pivik Elem it was -5.

I think microclimates are so interesting to try and figure out whats causing them. With most cars now having the built in outside tempeature you can really get a feel for places that you travel though often for how temperatures fluctuate in contrast to your home. Traveling on 365 as an example, once you get close to where it intersects with 380 until it connects with 66 the temperature is almost always colder. On nights with radiational cooling it can be up to 10 degrees colder than anywhere else.

Ok believe it or not...no flakes but frozen precip it has started as!!!! What the heck!?? Bethel Park might be dicey traveling tonight-be careful black n gold!

AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE PITTSBURGH PA

813 PM EST FRI JAN 20 2012

.SYNOPSIS...

-- Changed Discussion --

LOW PRESSURE WILL MOVE QUICKLY NORTHEAST FROM TEXAS TO VIRGINIA

BY SATURDAY AFTERNOON. THIS WILL BRING A SUBSTANTIAL DOSE OF

HAZARDOUS WINTRY PRECIPITATION LATE TONIGHT INTO SATURDAY MORNING.

HIGH PRESSURE WILL FOLLOW WITH A DRY BREAK LATER SATURDAY AND

SUNDAY. THEN A COLD FRONT, COMING EAST FROM THE ROCKIES, WILL

BRING RAIN SHOWERS MONDAY, FOLLOWED BY SCATTERED SNOW SHOWERS

EARLY TUESDAY.

-- End Changed Discussion --

&&

.NEAR TERM /THROUGH SATURDAY/...

-- Changed Discussion --

EVENING UPDATE TO ADD SLEET ACROSS MUCH OF SOUTHERN COUNTIES TO

NORTH OF PITTSBURGH. EVENING SOUNDINGS SHOW A DRY LAYER AROUND

900MB WITH TEMPERATURES NEAR OR ABOVE FREEZING TOWARD 800MB. THIS

HAS ALL LOWED SLEET TO DEVELOP THIS EVENING IN LEADING BAND OF

PRECIPITATION MOVING NORTHEAST ACROSS REGION. STILL EXPECT

SATURATION AND WET BULBING TO BRING MAINLY SNOW ACROSS I-70 TO

NORTH OF PITTSBURGH OVERNIGHT BEFORE CHANGING BACK TO A MIX TOWARD

DAYBREAK. PREVIOUS DISCUSSION FOLLOWS

I hate how the local newscasters are so starved for ratings that they scare the hell out of viewers so they will watch.

I am watching Judge Judy and Peggy Finigan comes on the commercial with "getting ready for a MAJOR STORM to hit our area" and then the weathercasters chime in with "Were tracking which areas will get A HALF A FOOT

"Half a foot" is a lot more than six inches, isn't it?

Archived