Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Pittsburgh/Western Pa Weather

north pgh

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Per the NWS:

This Afternoon: Rain, mainly before 4pm. High near 39.

Big white rainflakes falling here too...

On edit: Ok, I just looked at the text product for beaver county, as of 943 a.m.

BEAVER-

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...ALIQUIPPA...BEAVER FALLS...AMBRIDGE...

MONACA...BEAVER

943 AM EST SAT FEB 4 2012

.REST OF TODAY...SNOW LATE THIS MORNING. RAIN. SNOW ACCUMULATION

UP TO 1 INCH. HIGHS AROUND 40. NORTHEAST WINDS AROUND 5 MPH.

CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION 90 PERCENT.

I guess my sarcasm was a little too quick...

I've got some light snow falling, with a few rain drops mixed in ocassionally. I doubt we see much accumulation as the light snowfall rate is not enough to overcome the unfrozen ground + temps above freezing + day time variables.

Seems like it's accumulating more south of Allegheny County, like the report from Canonsburg. Nothing up in New Ken, huh?

Do you know any Hasers? One of by best friends uncle lives in New Ken.

Seems like it's accumulating more south of Allegheny County, like the report from Canonsburg. Nothing up in New Ken, huh?

Yeah, I'm still in Canonsburg and I'd say that I have close to a slushy inch here. Parking lots are slush so it's mainly grassy areas. Coming down moderately right now. Seems like the heavier returns have been through this area so that's probably why it's accumulating here in spite of the temps.

During one of the heavier bursts it looked like it was trying to accumulate, but once it let up a bit it melted away.

Can't say that I do know any Hasers, I'm not originally from the NK, I originally grew up in the Freepdort area which is a bit North of here but not to far.

I measured the snow when I got home last night I had about an inch and a half on the ground. Most of it is gone now. Just a little patch in front of my patio that the sun didn't get to today. It would be nice to get a system that we can all cash in on. Seems like if you guys to the north of the city get nailed, I get screwed here to the south and vice versa. Not that an inch and a half is anything great, but it was certainly well above expectations yesterday.

You wanna know what's really bizarre? I just went out and checked the swimming pool, and there's not a trace of ice on the cover, or in the pool water itself. I can't remember any February day ever where that's been the case..

I just washed the car in the driveway. Don't usually do that too much until March or April. At least I save a little money.

We may get a little something tomorrow......

Today: Mostly sunny through mid morning, then becoming cloudy, with a high near 39. West wind around 7 mph.

Tonight: Cloudy, with a low around 28. North wind between 3 and 5 mph.

Wednesday: Snow showers likely, mainly before 2pm. Cloudy, with a high near 35. North wind between 3 and 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.

We may get a little something tomorrow......

Today: Mostly sunny through mid morning, then becoming cloudy, with a high near 39. West wind around 7 mph.

Tonight: Cloudy, with a low around 28. North wind between 3 and 5 mph.

Wednesday: Snow showers likely, mainly before 2pm. Cloudy, with a high near 35. North wind between 3 and 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.

NAM showed some better qpf, so maybe 1-2 inches for the city south if temps don't become a problem.

weather.gov

National Weather Service

Watches, Warnings & Advisories

Local weather forecast by "City, St" or zip code

One product issued by NWS for: Crescent PA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hazardous Weather Outlook

HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE PITTSBURGH PA

620 PM EST TUE FEB 7 2012

OHZ039>041-048>050-057>059-068-069-PAZ007>009-013>016-020>023-029-

031-073-075-WVZ001>004-012-021-022-082330-

TUSCARAWAS-CARROLL-COLUMBIANA-COSHOCTON-HARRISON-JEFFERSON OH-

MUSKINGUM-GUERNSEY-BELMONT-NOBLE-MONROE-MERCER-VENANGO-FOREST-

LAWRENCE-BUTLER-CLARION-JEFFERSON PA-BEAVER-ALLEGHENY-ARMSTRONG-

INDIANA-WASHINGTON-GREENE-WESTMORELAND-FAYETTE-HANCOCK-BROOKE-OHIO-

MARSHALL-WETZEL-MARION-MONONGALIA-

620 PM EST TUE FEB 7 2012

THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR EAST CENTRAL OHIO...NORTHWEST

PENNSYLVANIA...SOUTHWEST PENNSYLVANIA...WEST CENTRAL

PENNSYLVANIA...NORTHERN WEST VIRGINIA AND NORTHERN PANHANDLE OF

WEST VIRGINIA.

.DAY ONE...TONIGHT.

HAZARDOUS WEATHER IS NOT EXPECTED AT THIS TIME.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...WEDNESDAY THROUGH MONDAY.

NO HAZARDOUS WEATHER IS EXPECTED AT THIS TIME.

.SPOTTER INFORMATION STATEMENT...

WEATHER SPOTTERS ARE ENCOURAGED TO REPORT SIGNIFICANT WEATHER

CONDITIONS ACCORDING TO STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURES.

(Bold added.)

Why do they do that?

I've got about 1/2 inch or so in the areas that got the best coating. Some areas are still bare. Shame temps couldn't have been 2-3 degrees cooler, this looks more like an early October or late March snow rather than an early February snow. This year we gotta take what we can get though and it is nice to see snow falling outside.

Archived