Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Pittsburgh/Western Pa Weather

north pgh

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

43 in Butler and 63 in Washington. Pretty easy to tell where the warm front is right now. It'll be interesting to see if a few storms will be able to fire around the area later on today.

Tornado Watch is up just West of here.

I don't want to be an alarmist but I remember last March 23rd we had a similar situation.

Cool rainy morning. Temperatures skyrocketed into the 60's near 70 and then we had the Tornadoes.

That band dropped about 1/4 inch of snow in 10 minutes. Was very quick and did not see lightning but had one clap of thunder.

Light to moderate snow falling. Picked up about a 1/4 -1/2 inch so far today. Feels kinda sureal watching the snow fall tonight, looking at the long range could be that last snowfall til next season.

I was under that longer band, and suprisingly measured 1.5" on the car.

These last two lake enhanced events have had some decent bite to them.

This is how we end up with 35-40" per year. LOL

1 to 2" possible tonight

Tonight: Snow showers likely, mainly before 3am. Cloudy, with a low around 23. West wind around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

Interesting discussion out of CLE and PIT.

We'll have to see how far east the band in ohio makes it.

Same here, had another band hitting this morning around 6:30am when I left. Some roads were snow covered and pretty icy. I'd say these are the worst road conditions I had to drive in for a morning commute all winter. Seems like when it snowed this winter it was during the weekend. Sure looks like winter out there today, cold, overcast, light snow falling, and snow stuck to everything.

I guess this was another one of those LES events that my area was left out of for the most part. Saying I got half an inch would probably be genererous. Most of it is gone already here. That's why I've never really gotten excited about LES over the years living in my area. We had one event here in January that gave us a few inches, but that was the exception to how it usually is here for LES. I guess this one was a winner for north of town and of course out around the NWS office.

I guess this was another one of those LES events that my area was left out of for the most part. Saying I got half an inch would probably be genererous. Most of it is gone already here. That's why I've never really gotten excited about LES over the years living in my area. We had one event here in January that gave us a few inches, but that was the exception to how it usually is here for LES. I guess this one was a winner for north of town and of course out around the NWS office.

It does say something about the winter when we are getting LES of of Erie in early march though doesn't it...

I ended up with about 2 or so out of the event. Its a moot point though I guess because by tomorrow it will all be gone anyways.

I am sort of looking forward to the warm up, still got that itch for a 6+ snowfall but I think that will have to wait until next winter. Hopefully we get a weak west based nino for next winter and some periods of blocking. I'll take an active STJ and -AO -NAO combination any day!

There was probably close to 2" her ewhen I left a 6 a.m., and it was snowing pretty hard. Of course, it's mostly gone now, so I don't know how much there was in total. It's still hard to believe we're so close to the normal seasonal accumulation for this date. I checked it this morning before I left, and we were like.02 ahead, IIRC...

We joke around sometimes about how we can add up some nice sounding totals with very little impact. However, I have never seen anything like this winter....

37" at NWS.......uhhh...... :huh:

The NWS total is higher of course than downtown, but is usually fairly representative of the typical suburbs which are mostly above 1000'. In fact, north and east tends to do a little better, especially if there are east coast storms or a battlerground storm. Or sometimes even with LES

But anyway....everytime it seems like the official total was 4" or 5" this year, I was racking up 2" or 3". Combine that with being spread out over a couple days and a quick warmup, the impact was very low. Yet, this may wind up going in the books as an "average" winter.

Either the NWS has just been in the sweet spot, or the Russel weatherman really was a weatherman and is now employed :)

But clearly, these haven't been widespread events this year.

We joke around sometimes about how we can add up some nice sounding totals with very little impact. However, I have never seen anything like this winter....

37" at NWS.......uhhh...... :huh:

The NWS total is higher of course than downtown, but is usually fairly representative of the typical suburbs which are mostly above 1000'. In fact, north and east tends to do a little better, especially if there are east coast storms or a battlerground storm. Or sometimes even with LES

But anyway....everytime it seems like the official total was 4" or 5" this year, I was racking up 2" or 3". Combine that with being spread out over a couple days and a quick warmup, the impact was very low. Yet, this may wind up going in the books as an "average" winter.

Either the NWS has just been in the sweet spot, or the Russel weatherman really was a weatherman and is now employed :)

But clearly, these haven't been widespread events this year.

We're sitting at 24.1" here at the office in Bridgeville for the season. Granted, a lot of the snowfall events this year were Lake Effect, which we know varies greatly across the county. Another factor I believe, with such a warm winter, many events were marginal and elevation dependant as well. I would'nt be surpised if the seasonal snowfall totals for this season across Allegheny County range from about 20-40"

Archived