• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
0z euro rapid update

Wait so what exactly happened? I was reading in the western thread they were all sad and depressed, primary basically goes north giving chi town rain and snowing maybe north wisconsin. Does the secondary look better or something here? Cause now im reading people saying east of 12 z by a lot, and Tombo even had snow for my area?

GFS wins this round.

It seems closer to the previous 00z run than to the GFS.. it is still running it right up the Hudson valley. The previous 00z was similar but the primary was more dominant. I think the 12z euro was sort of a fluke for the Euro and it is sort of locking onto a solution like the 00Zs. GFS is out to lunch IMO

hr 120 sub 980 low on nh/vt border with canada..frz line past nyc then up the hudson...lgt precip n va dc,balt,delmarva,nj,se pa,eastern pa, nyc....lgt to mod precip lancaster to reading to allentown on north and west to erie on western side and to watertwon on the eastern side...mod precip western ny to north central pa

Wait so what exactly happened? I was reading in the western thread they were all sad and depressed, primary basically goes north giving chi town rain and snowing maybe north wisconsin. Does the secondary look better or something here? Cause now im reading people saying east of 12 z by a lot, and Tombo even had snow for my area?

The western people are probably dissapointed because the primary is weak and farther north compared to 12z, but there is more of a secondary than the 12z and so it ends up farther east but still nothing except western NY.

How does Canada look in terms of cold air? Is it flooded with warm anomalies like the 12z?

It really looks terrible...the LR lost the Alaska block which just bakes Canada in combination with the 570dm ridge over Baffin Island; almost all of the arctic's heights are above average so there is no room for the cold to develop and then be released, sort of the same problem we had last winter. The cross-polar flow to Canada has been totally cut off by a 558dm ridge over the North Pole, and the only cross polar flow developing looks to be between the split PV in the Fram Strait and Central Russia linked to parts of central Europe and Scandinavia...there's some -30C 850s near Svalbard and approaching -20C in eastern Europe.

Not true....better reread his post....mentions snow possibility but certainly not major.

Yeah, the usual bone he throws the weenies. Chance for another storm late next week that

puts down snow further south and east than the screw zone for this storm. However it will likely wind up

being weak, suppressed and out to sea off the Carolinas.

I kind of like the idea that this storm ends as some snow late Sunday night/early Monday morning and

I think we get a little more accum from flurries and scattered squalls Monday/Tuesday in the

cold air. I can see an inch or two on the ground by midweek.

Archived