• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Ohio And Great Lakes Including (PA,KY,WVA,IN)!

Steve

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The advisory is odd. This is the best setup for all encompassing lake effect.

I hate to say it yet again, but CLEs forecasts and warnings are generally irrelevant. CLE likes to nowcast LES, issuing warnings and advisories near the tail end of events.

I remain cautiously optimistic for tonight.

:whistle:

Predictable CLE.

Ironically, the band is falling apart. I've had 2.1" here at home.

I think we may have more snow on the ground right now..then we have had all winter..its close!!:thumbsup: Grass is covered!

Same here, very close to it. It actually hasnt stopped snowing here, but its just quick burst of snow showers then flurries and so on. Havent really added anything to the accumulations though.

:whistle:

Predictable CLE.

Ironically, the band is falling apart. I've had 2.1" here at home.

We just hit 3" in Reminderville, but have been getting frindged by the band, my house in Solon 5 miles away might have an inch or two more. Anyways, still convergence along the western lake shore, lets see if this keeps the band going or if it falls apart into more scattered snow showers.

post-525-0-19216300-1294370091.gif

I counted 1.2" of snow as system before LES took over. It's remarkable the ratio of LES to system this season. It's a shame that primary band couldn't establish itself fully overnight, hopefully tonight is a bit better.

Picked up 4 inches total. Winds have come around to the WSW... but will be coming around to the WNW later today. With lift from the shortwave, and colder 850's the next shot of snow could be heavier.

Funny to see up and see the warnings CLE issued after most of the snow fell.

The warnings played out as usual ... irrelevant. I'm excited for the next round, we could be back to normal snowfall this weekend without even having a "snowstorm" this winter.

The warnings played out as usual ... irrelevant. I'm excited for the next round, we could be back to normal snowfall this weekend without even having a "snowstorm" this winter.

The set-up last night wasn't exactly how I pictured it... but good nonetheless. I'm not sure how the next round is going to play out. Another trough will rotate through. The ULL will almost be overhead as well.... what/if any effect that will have on snowfall? I wouldn't be surprised if the snowfall is similar to what we saw yesterday. 4-6 inches every 12 hours if fine with me. The BUF WRF precip pattern looks odd. But looking at the radar it kinda makes sense as there is a band over the lake which will probably become stationary at some point. The WRF is showing high precip totals in the middle of the lake offshore from ashtabula.

Btw... Looks like 5-6 inches out here in Chagrin.

Looks like CMH could get some good snow here shortly. I'm too far north. I think my location may be in the biggest snowhole in OH.

according to the models i've seen, most of ohio should start fillin in nicely by late afternoon into evening.....looks like another inch or so for those outside lake effect areas.

The BUF mesos really want to dump over Cuyahoga tonight. However, there are some feedback issues likely, it doesn't look right in spots.

I mentioned earlier that they looked odd. But judging by the radar returns they are probably pretty accurate.

EDIT: I think the strange look to the precip pattern is being caused by the winds shifting directions and moving the snow bands around. Just a guess.

Looks like the snow picks up again tonight. My only concern is the ULL coming right over the top of us. I wonder if that will limit snowfall. Hopefully we can get a band to lock in place for awhile.

Can't ask for a better fetch than this for heavy lake effect in the CLE area. Perfect for single band development. Winds come around to an almost perfect direction around 5am and don't vary much for at least 6 hours. You can see where the winds converge over the lake pretty clearly.

There are other variables to consider such as shear, and ice cover. But it doesn't get much better from a wind direction standpoint.

post-1277-0-40117300-1294428830.png

according to the models i've seen, most of ohio should start fillin in nicely by late afternoon into evening.....looks like another inch or so for those outside lake effect areas.

I think most of the good stuff is going south of us. Looks like only light snow...Maybe a half inch but with the sun still up it will be hard pressed to accumulate that much.

I think most of the good stuff is going south of us. Looks like only light snow...Maybe a half inch but with the sun still up it will be hard pressed to accumulate that much.

My thoughts exactly.. Don't look like much filling in going on and the band of snow is well south of me, and south of u as well

Archived