• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Ohio And Great Lakes Including (PA,KY,WVA,IN)!

Steve

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's getting down now to the 48 hour time frame where I'll actually start paying attention and it seems like the models are giving OH a decent snow on Tuesday. Doesn't look like a huge hit for us, so I'm sure there are some OH posters that will just be miserable about that. But seems like a solid 4" is possible.

And it looks to be some other storms out there in fantasy range. I'm liking our chances the next couple weeks. :snowman:

Looking at the visible today, you can see the area of ice that prevented the LES. Lot's of open water in other areas... but it appears to be getting slushy.

I am hoping for some lake enhancement for the Tuesday storm. If not, there looks to be plenty of snyoptic snow for us.

Can we please talk about the upcoming SNOWSTORM?? And a little less about the lake frezzing over..Not being mean,but come on guys..There is a storm coming! I know you all love your lake effect..but right now it's kinda dead..Let's talk about potential for this upcoming storm..Thanks all :thumbsup::snowman:

Looks like a solid 4-6 with the synoptic snow. Perhaps more if the defo sets up over this area. Hopefully the low can take its time transferring to the coast. Lake enhancement seems to be the wild card... the lake looked fairly wide open east of CLE. The NE winds should push ice toward the western basin so there will be some open water to work with.

Looks like a solid 4-6 with the synoptic snow. Perhaps more if the defo sets up over this area. Hopefully the low can take its time transferring to the coast. Lake enhancement seems to be the wild card... the lake looked fairly wide open east of CLE. The NE winds should push ice toward the western basin so there will be some open water to work with.

These regional threads based on state lines are arbitrary. Can't post about lake effect because it's confusing for the central Ohio posters. :lol: Geographically and climate wise I guess it makes sense to post in the upstate NY and PA forum threads for our lake effect discussion.

Looks like a typical garden variety snow, light winds and moderate accumulation for tomorrow. I'm thinking an advisory should cover it. I always feel these events underperform and exit too quickly. Fly in the ointment is ice coverage which CLE hasn't mentioned much. Calm winds last night no doubt increased coverage.

These regional threads based on state lines are arbitrary. Can't post about lake effect because it's confusing for the central Ohio posters. :lol: Geographically and climate wise I guess it makes sense to post in the upstate NY and PA forum threads for our lake effect discussion.

Looks like a typical garden variety snow, light winds and moderate accumulation for tomorrow. I'm thinking an advisory should cover it. I always feel these events underperform and exit too quickly. Fly in the ointment is ice coverage which CLE hasn't mentioned much. Calm winds last night no doubt increased coverage.

It will be our largest synoptic storm of the year though... which isn't saying alot. Depending on where the low pivots, the northcoast could sit under the defo band for a while which will increase totals. No doubt ice increased last night. The NE winds should shove that ice pack off of CLE further west. Winds line up NNW behind the storm so we have a better chance of LES behind storm.

Climate wise it does make sense to be in the NY/PA forum. The climate in the NE part of the state is just very different than the rest of the state. I guess we'll just keep the LES disco in this thread.

Archived