Most Online
    Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Chasing DON

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i was just kidding around earlier anyway.. i know josh would not have planned on chasing this had he not already been really close.

Just saw this, and yes-- you are correct. Of course I would not fly from CA for a tropical storm that had an outside chance of being a 'cane. But given that I'm already in TX, it seemed unwise to go back home to CA with an actual cyclone in the Gulf-- such an idea just went against my wiring.

Just saw this, and yes-- you are correct. Of course I would not fly from CA for a tropical storm that had an outside chance of being a 'cane. But given that I'm already in TX, it seemed unwise to go back home to CA with an actual cyclone in the Gulf-- such an idea just went against my wiring.

I hear ya. We drove 8 hours to catch a severe storm in a see text and it was marginally severe at best but it was still fun. I would do what you're doing if in your shoes.. even if it is not up to the usual standards.

Everybody's standard's are different. I'm sure SNE and Mid-Atl weenies would be parked on the nearest bridge clogging traffic just to get a taste of a TS force gust.. Consider yourself lucky Josh. At least take some pictures of bendy things.

SNE subforum house party in Chatham to watch Earl's waves come ashore was a classic.

Everybody's standard's are different. I'm sure SNE and Mid-Atl weenies would be parked on the nearest bridge clogging traffic just to get a taste of a TS force gust.. Consider yourself lucky Josh. At least take some pictures of bendy things.

:wub:

Hey, thanks. I sincerely appreciate the glass-half-full attitude-- it's refreshing in this thread! :lmao::hug:

:wub:

Hey, thanks. I sincerely appreciate the glass-half-full attitude-- it's refreshing in this thread! :lmao::hug:

:hug::thumbsup:.. Np. I thought the thread needed a little reality check. Sorry I didn't get the chance to know you better at the conference. I (as well as everybody else here) admire what you bring to the table here.

:hug::thumbsup:.. Np. I thought the thread needed a little reality check. Sorry I didn't get the chance to know you better at the conference. I (as well as everybody else here) admire what you bring to the table here.

Aw, thanks, dude. I'm sorry we didn't get a chance to chat more, either. Next time, for sure.

Wait until we see partially exposed Don in a few hours...

So much for healing our diplomatic rift earlier today. :thumbsdown:

Gettin' some new tingles.

looking excellent now, great outflow with awesome convection firing up. Some nice turning and really starting to become more symetrical. Do you chase cat 1's? :lol: should be a good warmup for the meat of the season.

Hardly, saw multiple storms this winter 50's 60's but do not want to go off topic. There is still a small chance this booms right before landfall.

Anyhoo, we're comfortably settled in Corpus and I'm going for a run-- gotta burn off some nervous energy. If I don't do that, I'm just going to sit staring obsessively at IR imagery (like Cory). Thx.

I'm being a shameless IR weenie whore.

Archived