joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
0z euro

tombo82685

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats a very rare spot to see a surface low for a major east coast cyclone to be positioned...especially if its moving due north....that storm is either going to be 100 miles east or 150 miles further west than that....based on the pattern in the North Atlantic, probably further east is more likely.

Glad to hear that. Thanks for the great info. in the thread as always.

It will be an interesting week for sure.. If you blend the GGEM/EURO/GFS together, you have a track similar to GGEM based on what I am reading.

what causes the storm to redev over DC?? I don't recall ever seeing a situation like that before..

Hot air possibly?:unsure:

well another run and another outcome...tune back tomorrow at 12z maybe minnesota or bermuda will get hit next

Thanks again for giving us a play by play along with Atown's maps. As you say, tomorrow is another model day. At least the consistency exists for a storm.

I now have better graphics and unfortunately I can see there is no 50/50 low or west based NAO on the 00z Euro...hence the inland track...the good news is that the Euro has been continually trying to dispose of the -NAO and or keep the block too far east on many of its runs in the past week or so.

compared to the gfs which has the 50/50 low in place and a west based NAO?

I now have better graphics and unfortunately I can see there is no 50/50 low or west based NAO on the 00z Euro...hence the inland track...the good news is that the Euro has been continually trying to dispose of the -NAO and or keep the block too far east on many of its runs in the past week or so.

yea, per euro its slightly neg nao and its east based nao . it actually kind of does have a 50/50 low albeit very weak

The ensemble means are usually out about 3:30 AM which I will be around yet so I will post them at the time. I personally look for the means to be more to the east. This was somewhat a step towards the means from earlier but a deeper solution ...the means had colder air involved which this did at first as well ...potential certainly seems to be on the table for perhaps something significant.

Archived