Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
July OT/ Banter

jrips27

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For all Atlanta residents, 11 Alive has hired a new meteorologist from a station in Little Rock, Arkansas. Full story http://www.11alive.com/news/article/196359/3/11Alive-Hires-Chief-Meteorologist?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|FRONTPAGE|p

He sounds like a great guy. I'm even more of a fan of his due to his struggles with raising an autistic child. My nephew has autism so I can relate to him on that front. I'll definitely give him a chance to see if he can bring it in the weather department. Overall I'm impressed with NBC 11 and hope he does well. God knows we need a good TV met here in Atlanta.

I checked the mailbox in sandals and walking back to the house felt something clutching on my middle toe. Instinct kicked in, so I immediately started swiping and shaking my foot. He didn't let loose, thats when I seen it was a spider and he actually gripped pretty good. I put him on my sandal, went to get a bag to put him in. Now I'm googling the images of the venomous ones (no spider expert!). I'm sure its not a female black widow, nor brown recluse. But what kind is it? The puncture wound is tiny. I don't think it really pierced my skin too well, as I've got some pretty thick toes lol. Bugs of all types are bad this year. Can't go anywhere on the property without having a tick get on me this year.

first two images are the bottom view. Last image is top view.

post-38-0-77210800-1310065380.jpg

post-38-0-70615800-1310065425.jpg

post-38-0-18596800-1310065431.jpg

Robert, I did some looking. The closest thing I found was either a trap door spider or a black house spider. Still looking if I come across anything else that's close I'll let you know.

Thanks. Peach said she thinks its a trap door spider. I just googled it, and yep, it definitely looks like that. Its still alive in the bag, and I'm comparing it to the trap door. I think there's many kinds of trapdoors. Hopefully the bite isnt a big deal. I had a red dot, now it looks gone. Don't think he pierced the skin too well, if at all. But he clinged to my whole toe like velcro for a few seconds. I had to manually dislodge him. I hate spiders. Normally its inside where I have the problem.

I'm sick and tired of this dry weather pattern. I haven't had rain in 11 days !! Hopefully the pattern will change soon.

sorry to do this but you should either stop posting, stop complaining, or just take a little more time to think out your posts.

I may have received more rainfall than you to date, but that's mainly because I had a foot of rain in March. As you can see on that map, I'm less than 30 miles from being in a severe drought. I'm pretty sure if my yard had any moisture the grass would not be dead and the trees would not be dying. I'm guessing you had a good bit of rain in April and May. I ended up with close to 1" for May, which is about 3 or 4" below normal.

It would definitely be nice if we could at least get some afternoon storms every day. I guess one good thing about the lack of rain is there is no need to cut the grass. I cut it 8 days ago and it shows no signs of growing.

After how dry it had been, I never thought I'd say this, but after the rain we've had lately it'll be nice to get some dry weather.

After the heat and humidity we experienced today, that rain we had this evening was so refreshing. It would be nice to have that every day ! What a difference the rain made.

]

Absolutely. After 6 inches of rain this month it would be nice to have some dry weather. The grass is growing faster than I can cut it.

Well, I'm certainly not complaining. We had more than enough rain this month, so some dry weather is welcomed. I'm just enjoying this cool weather today. Only 82 degrees, was supposed to be in the low 90s.

I'm sick and tired of this dry weather pattern. I haven't had rain in 11 days !! Hopefully the pattern will change soon.

You were complaining that your trees were dieing only five weeks ago. You are really being ridiculous.

Foothills....GAG!! EEEEEE!!! I can handle spiders...just not that big and on me at the same time.....Smarts told you to take it hostage and get pics in case you were bit.....hope all is well and you are ok!:thumbsup:

thanks I just set it free. When I first looked on the ground after I got it off, and seen all that shiny black, my heart sank thinking I got bit by a black widow. But it's thankfully just a harmless trapdoor (I think!).

I got shafted... TWICE.

No rain at my location in North Chatham... well maybe 0.02" but storms were blowing up all around me. made for a cooler and windy afternoon with vivid lightning. Drove all the way home across Orange county with some areas seeing almost major flooding near Maple View Dairy. Got within 10 houses from my house and they have has full ditches. I was excited!!!! but when I got home??? the gutters were barely dripping with 0.13" in the gauge. Damn blast....

I got shafted... TWICE.

No rain at my location in North Chatham... well maybe 0.02" but storms were blowing up all around me. made for a cooler and windy afternoon with vivid lightning. Drove all the way home across Orange county with some areas seeing almost major flooding near Maple View Dairy. Got within 10 houses from my house and they have has full ditches. I was excited!!!! but when I got home??? the gutters were barely dripping with 0.13" in the gauge. Damn blast....

that happens a lot where I am. I live on a pretty long road from north to south, being at the south end of it. Plenty of times there was running ditches and wet roads, puddles less than a mile from my house. I always used to laugh going back to my place thinking "watch this"...and the pavement got drier. Hasn't happened much lately.

that happens a lot where I am. I live on a pretty long road from north to south, being at the south end of it. Plenty of times there was running ditches and wet roads, puddles less than a mile from my house. I always used to laugh going back to my place thinking "watch this"...and the pavement got drier. Hasn't happened much lately.

I should change my name here to RainShield

on a side note, I have moved. Further south :angry: Not much, but I am on the 4th floor so maybe the elevation will give me a boost this winter.:guitar:

Still in Canton I assume?

I'm moving over 700 miles north to State College, PA for school this fall. Now that will be a bit of a change!

on a side note, I have moved. Further south :angry: Not much, but I am on the 4th floor so maybe the elevation will give me a boost this winter.:guitar:

Cool :thumbsup:

Still in Canton I assume?

I'm moving over 700 miles north to State College, PA for school this fall. Now that will be a bit of a change!

Are you studying meteorology? Us Georgia folk will miss you. :hug: Keep in touch.

Archived