Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jonesing for a Chase

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So there's a decent Yucatan/Yucatan Channel consensus, it seems.

I wouldn't go that far. Big difference on trajectory with major impacts on eventual path. Like we talked about this isn't the classical 'cruiser' where we sit back and watch it just plow towards the YP. 'Channel' would suggest a more pronounced move towards the N/NW as it approaches the YP. ;)

I wouldn't go that far. Big difference on trajectory with major impacts on eventual path. Like we talked about this isn't the classical 'cruiser' where we sit back and watch it just plow towards the YP. 'Channel' would suggest a more pronounced move towards the N/NW as it approaches the YP. ;)

Yes, Mr. Cheney. :D

Cut me some slack, will ya? Question for me: is it Yucatan or Mainland MX (Tampico/Veracruz) or USA (TX/LA)? I imagine this will become clearer over the next 24 hr. If I do head to the Yucatan, I'm probably going to want to leave Sunday.

I'm going for dinner with a friend. You up later, Oh Wise One? :sun:

Yes, Mr. Cheney. :D

Cut me some slack, will ya? Question for me: is it Yucatan or Mainland MX (Tampico/Veracruz) or USA (TX/LA)? I imagine this will become clearer over the next 24 hr. If I do head to the Yucatan, I'm probably going to want to leave Sunday.

I'm going for dinner with a friend. You up later, Oh Wise One? :sun:

Possible Ms. Waters...

A Yucatan chase is looking more and more likely. Things just seem to be moving inexorably in that direction.

My gut, the second Mexican landfall will be far more impressive, assuming it doesn't go so far South it gets little time over water. I'd be thinking Tampico-ish.

ETA: GFDL initialized 8 mb too strong might affect model solution...

GFS initialized a tad too weak, and at 6 hours is going to be (looks like) at least 5 mb too weak. So I don't trust it. I prefer the 6Z GFS, generally. I still suspect Northern Veracruz or Southern Tamaulipas will be where the most intense landfall will occur.

OK, cool. Like you said, Scott, the track looks to be behaving, it's the intensity that's a concern.

But I'm not too worried about the "weakening" today. The storm was in the process of reorganizing. I think it'll ramp up today and tonight.

Everything still looks good. Avila put down the GFDL/HWRF idea. Quit dissing me on Avila. ;)

Archived