• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June 13-16th Severe Weather Threat

I would find it hard to believe there is not a threat for a strong/perhaps very strong tornado in nrn MO/srn IA where the LCLs are lower and there should be excellent low-level shear. I would have gone 10 hatched for tornadoes myself if I were issuing the outlook.

Yeah I wouldn't disagree with that at all. Easy to get a little worried with this type of instability (some of these parcels may be ingesting 4500+ MLCAPE) and low level directional turning/low LCL's even in the presence of not the most impressive low/mid level flow.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would find it hard to believe there is not a threat for a strong/perhaps very strong tornado in nrn MO/srn IA where the LCLs are lower and there should be excellent low-level shear. I would have gone 10 hatched for tornadoes myself if I were issuing the outlook.

I complety agree.

CoD team is heading to Grant City, MO.

Based on visible, that effective boundary is making quick headway newd into nrn Missouri.

If SPC mesoanalysis is correct, low level CINH is nearly erased over NW MO and to where K*** is and the LCL-LFC RH's are on the increase to the point where dry air entrainment is not an issue. Max convergence there too with the low. I would have to think that area may go first--and shortly here.

If SPC mesoanalysis is correct, low level CINH is nearly erased over NW MO and to where K*** is and the LCL-LFC RH's are on the increase to the point where dry air entrainment is not an issue. Max convergence there too with the low. I would have to think that area may go first--and shortly here.

I like that area northeast of Kansas City to go first, where that effective front is bulging out.

nwschat.weather.gov/NWS St Louis 5: Hi Beau. Sure, the spikes are being caused by 4G wireless internet cell towers that are slightly out of calibration. We're not the only radar that has these spikes...though last time I looked we might be the worst. Technicians from the Radar Operations Center are working on filters for us and the other affected sites. Hopefully we'll have this problem solved in the next 60-90 days. --Jon

Thank you for the info!

nwschat.weather.gov/NWS St Louis 5: Hi Beau. Sure, the spikes are being caused by 4G wireless internet cell towers that are slightly out of calibration. We're not the only radar that has these spikes...though last time I looked we might be the worst. Technicians from the Radar Operations Center are working on filters for us and the other affected sites. Hopefully we'll have this problem solved in the next 60-90 days. --Jon

Thanks for the info-yeah, KGRR has had the issue for the past year or more.

Archived