• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Florida 2011 Spring & Summer Wet Season Part II

Or today...:weight_lift:

Only seems to happen a couple times a year...

:guitar:

URGENT - IMMEDIATE BROADCAST REQUESTED

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH NUMBER 479

NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER NORMAN OK

155 PM EDT WED JUN 15 2011

THE NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER HAS ISSUED A

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH FOR PORTIONS OF

CENTRAL AND SOUTH FLORIDA

COASTAL WATERS

Wow, a severe tstorm watch for seabreeze convection is rare! Tons of storms firing across South Florida and they look nasty.

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4000 J/kg of CAPE across most of inland South Florida, that's more or less extreme. It means any storm that initiates is gonna go nuts until all that energy is used up, and they're gonna be spreading like a fire in gasoline.

Radar indicates all of that is well underway. A few storms in Dade are making some hail, but nothing extreme yet.

4000 J/kg of CAPE across most of inland South Florida, that's more or less extreme. It means any storm that initiates is gonna go nuts until all that energy is used up, and they're gonna be spreading like a fire in gasoline.

Radar indicates all of that is well underway. A few storms in Dade are making some hail, but nothing extreme yet.

Man you're killing me up here.:(

Well, at least some of us are getting pounded today.

Right now it looks like most of the big stuff will be over the interior of the peninsula.

And then this, wow!

RECORD EVENT REPORT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TALLAHASSEE FL

327 PM EDT WED JUN 15 2011

...NEW ALL TIME RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE SET FOR TALLAHASSEE...

AT 307 PM EDT...THE TALLAHASSEE REGIONAL AIRPORT RECORDED A HIGH

TEMPERATURE OF 105 DEGREES. THIS TEMPERATURE BREAKS THE PREVIOUS ALL

TIME HIGH TEMPERATURE RECORD FOR TALLAHASSEE...WHICH WAS 104 DEGREES

SET MOST RECENTLY ON JUNE 20TH 1933. THE PERIOD OF RECORD FOR

TALLAHASSEE DATES BACK TO 1892.

And then this, wow!

RECORD EVENT REPORT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TALLAHASSEE FL

327 PM EDT WED JUN 15 2011

...NEW ALL TIME RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE SET FOR TALLAHASSEE...

AT 307 PM EDT...THE TALLAHASSEE REGIONAL AIRPORT RECORDED A HIGH

TEMPERATURE OF 105 DEGREES. THIS TEMPERATURE BREAKS THE PREVIOUS ALL

TIME HIGH TEMPERATURE RECORD FOR TALLAHASSEE...WHICH WAS 104 DEGREES

SET MOST RECENTLY ON JUNE 20TH 1933. THE PERIOD OF RECORD FOR

TALLAHASSEE DATES BACK TO 1892.

I saw that Tallahassee had the blast furnace going today and Tampa has set a record high minimum the last couple of nights.

Man you're killing me up here.:(

Well, at least some of us are getting pounded today.

I ended up missing the fun today myself. Lots of Thunder and some light rain. I talked to some friends who work at the mall about 5 miles south of me and they said they had heavy rain and hail this afternoon.:arrowhead:

I ended up missing the fun today myself. Lots of Thunder and some light rain. I talked to some friends who work at the mall about 5 miles south of me and they said they had heavy rain and hail this afternoon.:arrowhead:

Holy **** did I get nailed this afternoon. It was like watching turtlehurricanes video all over again. It hailed for 25 minutes straight!

Un freakin believable. Mostly pea and dime size with the occasional nickel size. Best part is I video taped the whole thing, but I have to get up in a little while for work so I'll try to upload something tomorrow.

Luckily my new truck wasn't damaged. That's a relief but a lot of the trees around are partially defoliated. The ground is covered with green leaves.

Mother nature never fails to amaze.

Holy **** did I get nailed this afternoon. It was like watching turtlehurricanes video all over again. It hailed for 25 minutes straight!

Un freakin believable. Mostly pea and dime size with the occasional nickel size. Best part is I video taped the whole thing, but I have to get up in a little while for work so I'll try to upload something tomorrow.

Luckily my new truck wasn't damaged. That's a relief but a lot of the trees around are partially defoliated. The ground is covered with green leaves.

Mother nature never fails to amaze.

Glad you got to join the party.. Looks like I have another chance to get some action as a a strong line of storms is just NE of me and looks to be heading my way.. Have my Flip ready to record :thumbsup:

I just missed the century mark here in Lakeland yesterday but we did set a record high at 99. Some good storms last night added about an inch of much needed rain into the rain gauge, looks like more on tap today.:thumbsup:

I had some really vivid lightening and heavy rain for a half hour yesterday so my wife says. I missed all the fun as I was in Miami and did not get back until 10PM. :banned: Well after everything died off. Grass is starting to show a bit of green again.

Not real tech savy here so I couldn't figure how to upload the hail video. Only thing I can offer is a pic of a banana tree we planted.

The before pic is a very healthy plant. After the hail it looks like someone took a knife to it.

Looks like it's time for a new Banana tree, the hail did that plant in.:lol:

Looks like we are taking a break from the storms today, the radar is void of any storms.

Looks like it's time for a new Banana tree, the hail did that plant in.:lol:

Looks like we are taking a break from the storms today, the radar is void of any storms.

yep, not even down by Naples and up the west coast a bit where the prime spot was supposed to be today. Not much of anything. The worst is behind us I am sure. Now its all about making some headway on rainfall deficits.

Ocala, that had to be some heavy hail for a spell to shread it up like that! I would think smallish hail would just fall through flexible vegetation without dicing it up much. I guess not!

No rain today at all, so it was a scorcher. I bet we undid a bunch of the rain of previous days just from all the evaporation today, the sun is absolutely murderous on clear days in the summer here.

We really need wet season to kick into gear for good, and the forecast looks poor.

That is a very well defined ECSB boundry this afternoon. They do not get any better than this.

Look out Orlando and points East for some big storms. Activity is really going to start increasing as we approach 6pm.

The area NE of Orlando to Daytona are taking a beating. Good for them ... I noticed tornado boxes go up as well as quarter size hail warnings. Hopefully a lot of rain and no damage!

The area NE of Orlando to Daytona are taking a beating. Good for them ... I noticed tornado boxes go up as well as quarter size hail warnings. Hopefully a lot of rain and no damage!

Storms went up in a matter of minutes when the two boundries collided. Tornado Warning now for Orange County. I am located in Conway.

The National Weather Service in Melbourne has issued a

* Tornado Warning for...

south central Orange County in Florida...

this includes the cities of... Orlando International Airport...

Orlando... Conway...

northwestern Osceola County in Florida...

this includes the cities of... Kissimmee... East Lake toho... Buena

Ventura lakes...

* until 800 PM EDT.

* At 708 PM EDT... National Weather Service meteorologists detected a

severe thunderstorm capable of producing a tornado near Buena

Ventura lakes... moving northeast at 10 mph.

* Other locations in the warning include but are not limited to Pine

Castle and Belle Isle

Yes, some wind damage and hail reports today. I see Orlando Airport reported a 70 Mph wind gust..

231170ORLANDO ORANGE FL28508137KMCO ORLANDO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT ASOS MEASURED A 61 KT/70 MPH WIND GUST. (MLB)

Drying out again here for a while. Man the radar has looked so good the past few days.

Jville has things improving starting Thursday. Gotta love those PWATS over 2 inches.:thumbsup:

Long term...Thursday through Sunday... on Thursday the ridge is pushed south as an upper trough amplifies over the eastern U.S. A deep and moist SW flow should bring decent chances of much needed rain Thursday through Saturday. GFS model continues to show abundant moisture with precipitable waters exceeding 2 inches during the period. Maximum temperatures will drop a notch into low/middle 90s.

Drying out again here for a while. Man the radar has looked so good the past few days.

Jville has things improving starting Thursday. Gotta love those PWATS over 2 inches.:thumbsup:

Long term...Thursday through Sunday... on Thursday the ridge is pushed south as an upper trough amplifies over the eastern U.S. A deep and moist SW flow should bring decent chances of much needed rain Thursday through Saturday. GFS model continues to show abundant moisture with precipitable waters exceeding 2 inches during the period. Maximum temperatures will drop a notch into low/middle 90s.

It does sound like we will dry out a bit the next few days but this afternoons Tampa AFD leaves some hope it won't be as dry as the GFS advertises. Like you said it does sound like things start to pick up again later this week.

BASED ON THE GFS...PUSH SOME DRIER

AIR IN OVER THE AREA LIMITING RAIN CHANCES. OTHER MODELS DON`T

QUITE AGREE ON THE EXTENT OF THE DRY AIR THOUGH AND STILL KEEP

SOME POPS IN THE FORECAST MONDAY AND TUESDAY. BASED ON THE PW

FORECAST (FROM ALL MODELS) HAVE DECIDED TO AT LEAST MENTION SOME

ISOLATED SHOWERS/THUNDERSTORMS ALONG THE SEABREEZE EACH AFTERNOON

RATHER THAN A COMPLETELY DRY FORECAST

Severe storm is developing in the far NW suburbs of Miami-Dade at the intersection of 2 outflow boundaries. 70+ dBZ aloft, so it's gonna be dumping some big hail.

Rain slowing down here, but more coming in from the west, all stuff that was initiated by the outflow boundary from the current storms over Broward.

Broward county is getting pounded today. Non-stop tropical downpour here for awhile now.

Getting pounded here in Miami now. I haven't seen any hail, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a few reports come in. I HAVE seen some pretty intense winds tho, with some small branches / leafs / general debris flying all over the place.

That cell's in no rush to leave, and those cells in NW Dade / SW Broward seem to be headed in our general direction.

post-378-0-71312200-1308516580.gif

It does sound like we will dry out a bit the next few days but this afternoons Tampa AFD leaves some hope it won't be as dry as the GFS advertises. Like you said it does sound like things start to pick up again later this week.

Melbourne says so too ....

THU-SUN...UPPER LEVEL TROUGH MOVING ACROSS THE MS RIVER VALLEY

GRADUALLY BREAKS DOWN THE DEEP LAYER RIDGE OVER FLORIDA FROM LATE

WEEK ONWARD. LOW LVL RIDGE WILL DRIFT BACK OVER LAKE OKEE THROUGH

SAT BEFORE STARTING TO DRIFT BACK NWD BY SUN. INCREASE IN MEAN PWATS

(~2.0" GIVE OR TAKE A TENTH) FROM FRI ONWARD WARRANTS POPS AT LEAST

AS HIGH AS THE CURRENT GRIDS (40) AND COULD WIND UP A LTL HIGHER PER

CURRENT MEX (50) GUIDANCE. DUE TO INCREASE IN CLOUD COVER/PRECIP

EXPECT TEMPS TO RUN MUCH CLOSER TO NORMAL THAN THEY HAVE OVER THE

PAST FEW WEEKS - U80S-90F ALONG THE COAST AND L90S INLAND.

Archived