• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Florida 2011 Spring & Summer Wet Season Part II

That really blows. I hope it works out. Heavy price to pay to see something pretty uncommon. We should have switched vehicles for the day. I wouldn't have noticed a difference if mine went through that :arrowhead:

Haha, I'm thinking of leaving it dented so I can storm chase with it care free :P

Huge new fire in Collier county being detected by the Miami WSR-88D, blowing smoke towards the metro areas :axe:

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uh oh, now there's 2 large fires in Collier county, both blowing smoke towards the metro areas. Likely from all the lightning yesterday.

Also the sea-breeze front is looking good today, probably about to fire up.

Turtle, that west coast sea breeze is whooping some butt today huh? It is blowing clear across the penninsula.

That's kind of the opposite of whooping butt, the synoptic winds have simply overwhelmed it, so only the east coast sea-breeze is going.

Thanks, there are sporadic 2 minute showers coming in and are blowing up east of me over the intercoastal. I mean blowing up because the thunder is constantly coming from my east as the start up showers barely wet MBY. Thanks for the clarification ..... I don't understand the whole sea breeze thing really. I am a damn Yankee newbie transplant!

Haha, I'm thinking of leaving it dented so I can storm chase with it care free :P

Huge new fire in Collier county being detected by the Miami WSR-88D, blowing smoke towards the metro areas :axe:

Since you are red tag I would leave it alone and consider it a badge of honor.

Looks like the east side of the state got the bounty of storms today. I see a couple of wind reports out of Brevard County of 70+ mph winds.

It was really interesting to watch what was forecasted actually happen. The East Coast sea breeze camping just off the coast and firing up what was tossed over by the West Coast sea breeze combined with what was left of the weak low level trough sagging in from North Florida.

For me about 5 miles inland it turned into the first puddle I have seen in what seems like a month and a half!

and that b**ch means bidness!

...A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 915 PM EDT

FOR SOUTHEASTERN PALM BEACH AND NORTHEASTERN BROWARD COUNTIES...

AT 834 PM EDT...DOPPLER WEATHER RADAR CONTINUED TO INDICATE A STORM

CAPABLE OF PRODUCING GOLF BALL SIZE HAIL...AND DESTRUCTIVE HURRICANE

FORCE WINDS IN EXCESS OF 75 MPH. THIS STORM WAS LOCATED NEAR MISSION

BAY...MOVING SOUTHEAST AT 35 MPH. THIS IS A VERY DANGEROUS STORM!

TAKE COVER IMMEDIATELY!

TAKE COVER IMMEDIATELY!

Wow.. impressive indeed. I will have to call my old neighbor up down there. Misson Bay subdivision was just next door to the subdivision I lived in down there..

It was really interesting to watch what was forecasted actually happen. The East Coast sea breeze camping just off the coast and firing up what was tossed over by the West Coast sea breeze combined with what was left of the weak low level trough sagging in from North Florida.

For me about 5 miles inland it turned into the first puddle I have seen in what seems like a month and a half!

Glad you got in on some of the action today.. That NW flow kept the storms away from me today, hoping that starts changing tomorrow

Sounds like a repeat of what happened to my area. A vigorous outflow boundary has pushed out from that storm across most of Broward, indicative of strong downdrafts emanating from a hail core.

It went from a still evening to a gusty one here, and the temp has plummeted into the 70s. Still might manage to get a shower a little later, but maybe not.

Wow.. impressive indeed. I will have to call my old neighbor up down there. Misson Bay subdivision was just next door to the subdivision I lived in down there..

It was a wicked storm. I only caught the edge of it. The wind was a constant roar and the lightning was nonstop. I counted 17 flashes of lightning in 10 seconds at one point. Crazy part was you could still see some stars. LOL.

It was a wicked storm. I only caught the edge of it. The wind was a constant roar and the lightning was nonstop. I counted 17 flashes of lightning in 10 seconds at one point. Crazy part was you could still see some stars. LOL.

Sounds like tropical conditions have arrived :)

Sounds like tropical conditions have arrived :)

All this talk of severe weather throughout the state and I think it has only rained lightly here in South Beach maybe 2-3 times in the last month. From my balcony I watch all of these storms over the mainland and get as close as 5-10 miles away but it seems like the Beach always gets spared. I'd like to compare the difference in rainfall totals between South Beach and KMIA-- it has to be significant.

Looks like you guys could get a few more big storms today. from NWS Miami.

ALTHOUGH MID TO UPPER LEVELS

ARE SLIGHTLY DRIER THAN YESTERDAY THERE IS ABUNDANT MOISTURE FOR

THE GENERATION OF CONVECTION THROUGH SEA BREEZE COLLISION. THERE

IS ALSO THE POTENTIAL THAT ONE OR TWO STORMS COULD PRODUCE HAIL

AND WIND GUSTS IN EXCESS OF 50 MILES PER HOUR. THE OVERALL

FORECAST REASONING REMAINS UNCHANGED SINCE EARLIER THIS MORNING.

NO CHANGES HAVE BEEN PERFORMED TO THE FORECAST AT THIS TIME.

Got some estimates today for the car, 400-500 dents! Nowhere near totaled though thankfully. Right now I'm considering whether to even fix it since this sh*t could easily happen in the Midwest once I go back. And I won't have to worry about drunk college kids keying it if it looks a little ragged.

Got some estimates today for the car, 400-500 dents! Nowhere near totaled though thankfully. Right now I'm considering whether to even fix it since this sh*t could easily happen in the Midwest once I go back. And I won't have to worry about drunk college kids keying it if it looks a little ragged.

Or today...:weight_lift:

Only seems to happen a couple times a year...

:guitar:

URGENT - IMMEDIATE BROADCAST REQUESTED

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH NUMBER 479

NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER NORMAN OK

155 PM EDT WED JUN 15 2011

THE NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER HAS ISSUED A

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH FOR PORTIONS OF

CENTRAL AND SOUTH FLORIDA

COASTAL WATERS

EFFECTIVE THIS WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON AND EVENING FROM 155 PM UNTIL

800 PM EDT.

HAIL TO 2 INCHES IN DIAMETER...THUNDERSTORM WIND GUSTS TO 70

MPH...AND DANGEROUS LIGHTNING ARE POSSIBLE IN THESE AREAS.

THE SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH AREA IS APPROXIMATELY ALONG AND 65

STATUTE MILES EAST AND WEST OF A LINE FROM 15 MILES EAST OF OCALA

FLORIDA TO 45 MILES WEST SOUTHWEST OF MIAMI FLORIDA. FOR A

COMPLETE DEPICTION OF THE WATCH SEE THE ASSOCIATED WATCH OUTLINE

UPDATE (WOUS64 KWNS WOU9).

REMEMBER...A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH MEANS CONDITIONS ARE

FAVORABLE FOR SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS IN AND CLOSE TO THE WATCH

AREA. PERSONS IN THESE AREAS SHOULD BE ON THE LOOKOUT FOR

THREATENING WEATHER CONDITIONS AND LISTEN FOR LATER STATEMENTS

AND POSSIBLE WARNINGS. SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS CAN AND OCCASIONALLY

DO PRODUCE TORNADOES.

OTHER WATCH INFORMATION...CONTINUE...WW 478...

DISCUSSION...THUNDERSTORMS ARE BEGINNING TO DEVELOP ALONG SUBTLE

CONFLUENCE BANDS ACROSS CENTRAL/N FL...WHILE ADDITIONAL SEA BREEZE

DEVELOPMENT IS LIKELY IN THE NEXT 1-2 HOURS. MLCAPE UP TO 4000 J/KG

IS PRESENT ACROSS CENTRAL/S FL...AND NLY MIDLEVEL FLOW WILL HELP

STEER CONVECTION SWD/SWWD INTO THE CORRIDOR OF STRONG INSTABILITY

THROUGH THE AFTERNOON. THERMODYNAMIC PROFILES WILL FAVOR WET

MICROBURSTS WITH DAMAGING WINDS...AS WELL AS THE POTENTIAL FOR LARGE

HAIL WITH THE MORE INTENSE UPDRAFTS.

AVIATION...A FEW SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS WITH HAIL SURFACE AND ALOFT

TO 2 INCHES. EXTREME TURBULENCE AND SURFACE WIND GUSTS TO 60

KNOTS. A FEW CUMULONIMBI WITH MAXIMUM TOPS TO 600. MEAN STORM

MOTION VECTOR 36020.

...THOMPSON

TAKE COVER IMMEDIATELY!

In Tamarac we jusssst missed the south edge. The outflow was so strong it blew all the patio furniture around and rattled/bowed the sliding glass door. Note to self - GTFO of that apt in hurricane conditions. No way I'm staying there. No rain, but incredibly strong winds for about 15 minutes at 8:45p. Typical Florida damage everywhere LOL (palm fronds that is).

Looks like the SB starting about now and a storm popping in central dade.

Someone could hit 100 today in Central Florida.

Seems like we are turning the corner here in Central Florida and the transition to the rainy season is clearly under way.

Almost made it. 99.7 then an outflow came through and cooled things down to 85.

Someone could hit 100 today in Central Florida.

Seems like we are turning the corner here in Central Florida and the transition to the rainy season is clearly under way.

I was on the way to 100 but now some nasty storms advancing through polk county are to my east and north and has cooled things down.. It looks like I will get some action today. Yes, it does look like the rainy season pattern is starting to take shape here in central florida, none to soon.:thumbsup:

A severe t-storm watch, what a nice surprise. I saw some pea-sized hail from that storm over Miami-Dade yesterday.

One interesting fact is that Miami International Airport has received more than 5 inches of rain this week. Fort-Lauderdale/Hollywood has only seen 4 inches for all of 2011!

Today it looks like I lost the seabreeze lottery but maybe something will blow over later this evening.

New all-time record high of 105 set today in Tallahassee, per the AFD there. The previous record was 104, last set on June 20, 1933, during the heart of the dust bowl. This also smashed the previous daily record of 99, last set last year on this date.

Archived