• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Florida 2011 Spring & Summer Wet Season Part II

Yea, I know the real action doesn't start until August but I still get let down a bit even if a weak system has no chance to hit us.:lol:

Yea , sometimes July gives us a weak system that forms around the Bahamas, an appetizer before the main course.:popcorn:

I also get weak knees. when say a monster like Floyd is bearing down on the state.:yikes:

It comes with the territory I suppose :lol:

I would not know as I have been here only since October 2009. I put in impact windows and doors after buying my house but I probably still will put the shutters up to protect the investment. The REAL benefits from these products are the near absence of noticable noise from the outside, huge energy efficiency, and good luck to the thief trying to get through.

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It comes with the territory I suppose :lol:

I would not know as I have been here only since October 2009. I put in impact windows and doors after buying my house but I probably still will put the shutters up to protect the investment. The REAL benefits from these products are the near absence of noticable noise from the outside, huge energy efficiency, and good luck to the thief trying to get through.

Yea, I think it does.. I have been in Florida since 1992 and gone through a few storms.. 04 was the big year for me as 3 storms came through Polk County that year. The shutters do come in handy but I get stir crazy , as they make the house feel like a cave. Luckily, I have a utility door that goes from the master bedroom out to the patio, so I can go outside and see the action. :lol:

Today combined with rainfall on Sunday has pulled MBY out of the abyss. Especially today ..... what started out as moderate to heavy was followed by three hours of persistent light rain. A slow soaking if you will. :)

Did not have the rain gauge out this morning before I left for work but I am guessing a good quality 1.00

:thumbsup:

It looked like the South half of the state got most of the action today. It looks like some moisture from 95L got pulled across the state today as well.

Wow, we had some wicked weather about an hour ago in Deerfield Beach. I couldn't see 5 feet out the window and the building was shaking in the wind.

It seems the pattern we're in now these storms are pulse severe. If you happen to be in the right place at the right time you get slammed but if not, like me, you just get drizzle. Twice in the past couple days I had some monsters bearing down on me only to see them collapse right before they got here. I hate storms with no staying power. :angry:

It seems the pattern we're in now these storms are pulse severe. If you happen to be in the right place at the right time you get slammed but if not, like me, you just get drizzle. Twice in the past couple days I had some monsters bearing down on me only to see them collapse right before they got here. I hate storms with no staying power. :angry:

Yea I know what you mean. It's 100% hit or miss.

I hear you.. The last 2 days I have had some big storms all around me but only .17 in the rain gauge.:axe:

Yes, nail on the head. Unless you were fortunate enough to have this weeks storms blow up right over you and get in on the gravy train ..... as in the train over same areas, it has been light to moderate drizzle city. With skys that look like there should be no real precip falling! Exactly what has happened IMBY on the TC. I am not complaining as I have had three days in a row with measurable precip. But, being under the real train would be nice for once :maprain:

Id say we got a good amount of rain this past week, but its looking like the rain chances are going down by early next week

Yep, looks like more sunshine and more typical SB storms after today. I have a feeling that wave in the Eastern Caribbean might be a player in our weather next week sometime. Not much support right now from the models on it doing much but I have a hunch it could be a interesting feature sometime next week for the Eastern Gulf. We will see.:popcorn:

Yep, looks like more sunshine and more typical SB storms after today. I have a feeling that wave in the Eastern Caribbean might be a player in our weather next week sometime. Not much support right now from the models on it doing much but I have a hunch it could be a interesting feature sometime next week for the Eastern Gulf. We will see.:popcorn:

Man I hope so. I've got really used to at least a chance of rain everyday. Sat through Mon looks downright dreary.

Man I hope so. I've got really used to at least a chance of rain everyday. Sat through Mon looks downright dreary.

Yea so do I.. On the WV loop you can see the dry air just to our north, looks like South Florida will still be soupy though . Like I said, once that upper low backs away lets see what happens as that wave gets into the gulf mid week next week.

I am getting used to missing out on the heavy stuff that pops up so close. I am kind off starting to like it! Four days in a row of missing near to severe storms in the hood has turned into persistant light rain that in the end soaks everything good without the runoff waste of the flashy stuff! Tonight was another example as what looked to be another huge miss has turned into steady light rain mixed with a few minutes of moderate. A good quality slow soak . And everything is greening up :weight_lift:

Now, if I can get just one heavy dose and it will be extreme drought cancel!

Wow, we had some wicked weather about an hour ago in Deerfield Beach. I couldn't see 5 feet out the window and the building was shaking in the wind.

Storm yesterday had 50mph winds at least

The one about 3-4 PM? Yea that was wicked. I posted about it right after it happened.

Yep, looks like South Florida will stay stormy, while some drier air has worked in over the North half of the state. In the longer range, the EURO starting to sniff out some tropical development in the Eastern Gulf next week. Keeping fingers crossed it pans out.

Yep, looks like South Florida will stay stormy, while some drier air has worked in over the North half of the state. In the longer range, the EURO starting to sniff out some tropical development in the Eastern Gulf next week. Keeping fingers crossed it pans out.

I am hoping this pans out ....

THE KXMR SOUNDING THIS MORNING HAD PRECIPITABLE WATER VAPOR VALUES

AROUND 1.6"...DOWN CONSIDERABLY FROM THE PAST FEW DAYS...BUT

SUFFICIENT TO GENERATE ISOLATED SHOWERS/TSTMS SOUTH AND EAST OF THE

ORLANDO METRO THIS AFTERNOON. BEST CHANCES FOR RAIN (30-40%) WILL BE

OVER THE TREASURE COAST AND OKEECHOBEE IN THE VICINITY OF THE

SURFACE BOUNDARY THROUGH THIS AFTERNOON. SHOWERS/TSTMS EXPECTED TO

DEVELOP OVER BREVARD AND OSCEOLA COUNTIES BY MID AFTERNOON WITH A

E-NE WIND SURGE AS THE WESTERN ATLC SFC HIGH REESTABLISHES ITSELF TO

OUR NORTH. GREATEST THREATS TODAY WILL BE OCCASIONAL CLOUD TO GROUND

LIGHTNING WITH A FEW OF THE DEEPER CELLS...AND LOCALLY GUSTY WINDS.

You guys have been getting some awesome storms this week and I hear there are few firework restrictions because of it!

There haven't been a lot of lightning/thunder but the rain/wind has been insane during these storms. A lot of trees/branches have fallen down.

I am hoping this pans out ....

THE KXMR SOUNDING THIS MORNING HAD PRECIPITABLE WATER VAPOR VALUES

AROUND 1.6"...DOWN CONSIDERABLY FROM THE PAST FEW DAYS...BUT

SUFFICIENT TO GENERATE ISOLATED SHOWERS/TSTMS SOUTH AND EAST OF THE

ORLANDO METRO THIS AFTERNOON. BEST CHANCES FOR RAIN (30-40%) WILL BE

OVER THE TREASURE COAST AND OKEECHOBEE IN THE VICINITY OF THE

SURFACE BOUNDARY THROUGH THIS AFTERNOON. SHOWERS/TSTMS EXPECTED TO

DEVELOP OVER BREVARD AND OSCEOLA COUNTIES BY MID AFTERNOON WITH A

E-NE WIND SURGE AS THE WESTERN ATLC SFC HIGH REESTABLISHES ITSELF TO

OUR NORTH. GREATEST THREATS TODAY WILL BE OCCASIONAL CLOUD TO GROUND

LIGHTNING WITH A FEW OF THE DEEPER CELLS...AND LOCALLY GUSTY WINDS.

Hopefully you get some action in your neck of the woods. Looks dry arounf my area until Monday when PWATS are forecast to increase.

Archived