• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Florida 2011 Spring & Summer Wet Season Part II

This sure reads as promising! Maybe today is my day. Areas to my north and south and west have had it two days in a row with heavy rain.

THROUGH MID DAY EXTENSIVE CLOUDINESS OVER

LAKE...ORANGE...SEMINOLE...NORTHERN OSCEOLA AND WESTERN VOLUSIA

COUNTIES WILL GRADUALLY ERODE AND SKIES SHOULD BECOME PARTLY SUNNY BY

NOON. ELSEWHERE MOSTLY SUNNY SKIES WILL ALLOW THE ATMOSPHERE TO HEAT

UP RAPIDLY. WITH WEAKER WESTERLY STEERING FLOW TODAY THE

EAST COAST SEA BREEZE IS EXPECTED TO DEVELOP AND BEGIN TO MOVE INLAND

BY EARLY AFTERNOON WITH SCATTERED LIGHTNING STORMS DEVELOPING. OTHER

STORMS WILL BEGIN TO DEVELOP AND MOVE INTO EAST CENTRAL FLORIDA FROM

THE WEST BY EARLY AFTERNOON AS WELL. THE COLLISION OF OUTFLOW

BOUNDARIES FROM THE WEST AND THE EAST COAST SEA BREEZE SHOULD OCCUR

WEST OF INTERSTATE 95 AND THEN THE STORMS WILL GRADUALLY MOVE

EASTWARD BACK OVER THE COAST LATER IN THE AFTERNOON. THE PRIMARY

THREAT TODAY IS FROM DEADLY CLOUD TO GROUND LIGHTNING - WHEN THUNDER

ROARS - HEAD INDOORS. DUE TO SLOWER STORM MOTION HEAVIER RAINFALL MAY

BE POSSIBLE THIS AFTERNOON WITH PONDING OF WATER ON ROADWAYS AND

TEMPORARY FLOODING OF LOW LYING DRAINAGE AREA. RAINFALL AMOUNTS OF 3

INCHES IN AN HOUR ARE POSSIBLE IN LOCALIZED AREAS. THE SEVERE WEATHER

THREAT IS LOW BUT ISOLATED WET MICROBURSTS OF 40 TO 50 MPH ARE

POSSIBLE.

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This sure reads as promising! Maybe today is my day. Areas to my north and south and west have had it two days in a row with heavy rain.

THROUGH MID DAY EXTENSIVE CLOUDINESS OVER

LAKE...ORANGE...SEMINOLE...NORTHERN OSCEOLA AND WESTERN VOLUSIA

COUNTIES WILL GRADUALLY ERODE AND SKIES SHOULD BECOME PARTLY SUNNY BY

NOON. ELSEWHERE MOSTLY SUNNY SKIES WILL ALLOW THE ATMOSPHERE TO HEAT

UP RAPIDLY. WITH WEAKER WESTERLY STEERING FLOW TODAY THE

EAST COAST SEA BREEZE IS EXPECTED TO DEVELOP AND BEGIN TO MOVE INLAND

BY EARLY AFTERNOON WITH SCATTERED LIGHTNING STORMS DEVELOPING. OTHER

STORMS WILL BEGIN TO DEVELOP AND MOVE INTO EAST CENTRAL FLORIDA FROM

THE WEST BY EARLY AFTERNOON AS WELL. THE COLLISION OF OUTFLOW

BOUNDARIES FROM THE WEST AND THE EAST COAST SEA BREEZE SHOULD OCCUR

WEST OF INTERSTATE 95 AND THEN THE STORMS WILL GRADUALLY MOVE

EASTWARD BACK OVER THE COAST LATER IN THE AFTERNOON. THE PRIMARY

THREAT TODAY IS FROM DEADLY CLOUD TO GROUND LIGHTNING - WHEN THUNDER

ROARS - HEAD INDOORS. DUE TO SLOWER STORM MOTION HEAVIER RAINFALL MAY

BE POSSIBLE THIS AFTERNOON WITH PONDING OF WATER ON ROADWAYS AND

TEMPORARY FLOODING OF LOW LYING DRAINAGE AREA. RAINFALL AMOUNTS OF 3

INCHES IN AN HOUR ARE POSSIBLE IN LOCALIZED AREAS. THE SEVERE WEATHER

THREAT IS LOW BUT ISOLATED WET MICROBURSTS OF 40 TO 50 MPH ARE

POSSIBLE.

When you do get rain you will probably get 8 inches in a day. :lol:

When you do get rain you will probably get 8 inches in a day. :lol:

Probably be like turtle hurricane and get hail, high winds, and a boat load of rain.

I would park your car in a safe place.

Still hoping I can get a good soaker up here. I did cut my grass for the first time in a while this morning. A few drops here and there over the past few weeks has got it growing.

Probably be like turtle hurricane and get hail, high winds, and a boat load of rain.

I would park your car in a safe place.

Still hoping I can get a good soaker up here. I did cut my grass for the first time in a while this morning. A few drops here and there over the past few weeks has got it growing.

It's been cloudy all day and the storms have had trouble firing up around the Lakeland area so far. I see some storms west of Ft Pierce, so maybe today will be Ssoftparades day. BTW.. Ocala are you closer to J-ville or Ocala?

Guys I am staying in Lauderdale.. Trying to figure out the best day in the next few to go to south beach.. I would like to go at least twice between now and Wednesday if possible.. Things seem a bit complicated with the s/w's coming through in addition to the abundant moisture available.

Well, unless the days are total wash-outs probably any day would be a great day to catch some great scenes at South Beach :lol:

Seriously though.. you might want to PM turtlehurricane , he is a promet who lives in South Florida.

It's been cloudy all day and the storms have had trouble firing up around the Lakeland area so far. I see some storms west of Ft Pierce, so maybe today will be Ssoftparades day. BTW.. Ocala are you closer to J-ville or Ocala?

That yellow dot SE of Ocala. You know, the place where the storms aren't. Man another snoozer.:thumbsdown:

post-388-0-26056600-1309120347.png

That yellow dot SE of Ocala. You know, the place where the storms aren't. Man another snoozer.:thumbsdown:

Ugh, I feel your pain.. No rain for me today either but after getting 3 inches of rain the other day I can't complain. Hopefully Monday we will get some sunshine to help fire some storms in our neck of the woods.

Guys I am staying in Lauderdale.. Trying to figure out the best day in the next few to go to south beach.. I would like to go at least twice between now and Wednesday if possible.. Things seem a bit complicated with the s/w's coming through in addition to the abundant moisture available.

If you like money, stay in Ft. Lauderdale. South Beach is cool just to check it out, but you can easily spend $500 a night there. There are tons of good places to hang out in Ft. Laud.

You mean your not a self made Millionaire like HurricaneJosh??:lol:

LOL, not yet. I'm working on it!

But yea, the locals here basically laugh at people that go to South Beach. I totally get why famous people go; but it's almost like they charge 10x more just so you have the privalige to say you are in the same place as someone famous. Like I need to pay $13 for a watered down mixed drink.

Meanwhile, at my local bar, I can pay $5 for a pitcher of beer and there are just as many hot girls as some random place in S. Beach.

Didnt go for the bars or the food im twenty not twenty one.... tantiazingly close... but i came for the beautiful beach and the amazing women around here. Im going to admit im not exactly trying to go where the locals go.. not trying to be someone im not or infringe because i know how annoying that is when im on the other end of it at home.. you know what i mean.

Im driving up a1a now and heading to bahia cabana im ft laud. Great day. Nws did a good job with the forecast.

Didnt go for the bars or the food im twenty not twenty one.... tantiazingly close... but i came for the beautiful beach and the amazing women around here. Im going to admit im not exactly trying to go where the locals go.. not trying to be someone im not or infringe because i know how annoying that is when im on the other end of it at home.. you know what i mean.

Im driving up a1a now and heading to bahia cabana im ft laud. Great day. Nws did a good job with the forecast.

"Great Day"? Looks like sunshine down there. That's terrible weather.:lol:

Glad the weather turned out good for you. Maybe you'll get some boomers later on to top it off.:beer:

LOL, yea I know what you mean. It's definately a place to check out. The beach in Ft. Lauderdale is nice too. There's a Hooters on the 3rd floor overlooking the ocean. It's about a block north of Las Olas on A1A.

If you like deep sea fishing, you will be amazed at the houses you will pass as you go from the ICW to the ocean. We are talking Tiger Woods and Michael Jordan ****. LOL.

LOL, yea I know what you mean. It's definately a place to check out. The beach in Ft. Lauderdale is nice too. There's a Hooters on the 3rd floor overlooking the ocean. It's about a block north of Las Olas on A1A.

If you like deep sea fishing, you will be amazed at the houses you will pass as you go from the ICW to the ocean. We are talking Tiger Woods and Michael Jordan ****. LOL.

Never been fishing LOL...... parents only type of outdoors life was beach and golf

"Great Day"? Looks like sunshine down there. That's terrible weather.:lol:

Glad the weather turned out good for you. Maybe you'll get some boomers later on to top it off.:beer:

I hear that.. Missed again today on the boomers , hopefully Tuesday brings a change.. Also been watching that wave near Puerto Rico flare up today, maybe that will help enhance the storms later this week over Florida.

I hear that.. Missed again today on the boomers , hopefully Tuesday brings a change.. Also been watching that wave near Puerto Rico flare up today, maybe that will help enhance the storms later this week over Florida.

Invest 95 formed today in the southern BOC. Models have it going west.

Yea, been watching that wave for a few days but since it's not going to be a player for us not all that interested. I have a bad case of IMBY.:lol:

Our real season is Aug - - Oct. During those three months I will have that bit of a bad feeling when storms track away. Unless an all out major and I might wuss out a bit :weight_lift: June and July action around us would be pretty much an oops climatology speaking.

Our real season is Aug - - Oct. During those three months I will have that bit of a bad feeling when storms track away. Unless an all out major and I might wuss out a bit :weight_lift: June and July action around us would be pretty much an oops climatology speaking.

Yea, I know the real action doesn't start until August but I still get let down a bit even if a weak system has no chance to hit us.:lol:

Yea , sometimes July gives us a weak system that forms around the Bahamas, an appetizer before the main course.:popcorn:

I also get weak knees. when say a monster like Floyd is bearing down on the state.:yikes:

Today combined with rainfall on Sunday has pulled MBY out of the abyss. Especially today ..... what started out as moderate to heavy was followed by three hours of persistent light rain. A slow soaking if you will. :)

Did not have the rain gauge out this morning before I left for work but I am guessing a good quality 1.00

Archived