• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May 20 and beyond: heavy rain threat

a wet pattern is setting up again over the next few weeks ground is wet water levels still high in many places

ILX discussion clip

OVERALL...EXPECT THE WET PATTERN TO CONTINUE THROUGH AT LEAST

THURSDAY...WITH THE POTENTIAL FOR LOCALLY HEAVY RAINFALL AMOUNTS

OVER MULTIPLE DAYS. AREAS THAT HAVE RECENTLY FLOODED...OR ARE STILL

FLOODED...MAY SEE RISING WATERS ONCE AGAIN

post-142-0-68937600-1305993814.gif

Good God...another three inches of rain or so in five days? When will this end. I just got my leaking roof fixed-except it still leaks as I found out yesterday...and now more damn rain. *sigh*

This is exactly what farmers here in the Midwest don't need with planting of corn and beans behind schedule, let alone all the flooding worries and prolonged high water situations this will produce.

The fields are just mud or puddles of water around here. I don't think anything has been planted around here. My neighbor's yard is half filled with standing water even now. Just cut the grass-could not get to some of it-since the part by my neighbors is basically a bog.

[/ b*tchrant]

From WANE TV Fort Wayne

Soggy spring responsible

Updated: Saturday, 21 May 2011, 12:24 PM EDT

Published : Saturday, 21 May 2011, 12:17 PM EDT

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) - The wet and chilly spring across northeast Indiana has kept farmers out of the fields and delayed planting across the region.

The sets of planting statistics reported by the Allen County Extension Office and the USDA both show corn and soybean planting way behind schedule.

Corn Stats - % Planted (For the week of May 15, 2011)

Allen County: 20-25%

Indiana: 29%

Average % planted by this date: 66%

Soybean Stats - % Planted (For the week of May 15, 2011)

Allen County: <20%

Indiana: 6%

Average % planted by this date: 30%

The Allen County Extension Office told NewsChannel 15's Nicholas Ferreri that, despite the delays, there's still time to get the crops in. See the video posted alongside this story to learn how farmers may have to adjust their planting plans.

It would be a dramatic turnaround.

I have received 10.18" of rain in my CoCoRaHS gauge for May (nearby FWA has 10.17", their all-time May record).

On top of that, I caught 4.69" from April 16-30.

That's a total of 14.87" in the last six weeks!

Archived