• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
tornado outbreak video thread

Possibly the best of the ones I have seen

This may be the most terrifying tornado video I've ever seen. The inflow is incredible, and the sound adds to the drama.

I am impressed by the violence and debris of the Pampa, TX, but it's much smaller in size. The Wichita Falls tornado looks sinister due to the slow motion scouring of the fields, ingesting all that dirt. But there's no close up video with audio that I've seen. I heard the Worcester tornado had a similar appearance. Andover is certainly impressive, a highly photogenic tornado. There's some scary but poor quality video of Wheatland too.

This one is interesting, if only for the camera appearing sped up

That white tornado had a forward motion of at least 40 mph, and probably 50 mph, as it crossed the road. The various tornado warnings at the time had storms moving as "slow" as 40 mph, and some as fast a s 70 mph. . The fact that the storm chaser even caught that happening at so close a range is amazing. I doubt seriously the "camera" was sped up.

I would say the probability is high that the heartbeats of the chasers in the car sped up considerably, though.

That white tornado had a forward motion of at least 40 mph, and probably 50 mph, as it crossed the road. The various tornado warnings at the time had storms moving as "slow" as 40 mph, and some as fast a s 70 mph. . The fact that the storm chaser even caught that happening at so close a range is amazing. I doubt seriously the "camera" was sped up.

I would say the probability is high that the heartbeats of the chasers in the car sped up considerably, though.

No, the camera was not sped up. It was going so fast it looked that way.

Cullman Tornado from ABC 33/40. Get crazy from about 9 minutes in and downright amazing right before the end when the camera cuts out.

The TV transmission tower just blows over like nothing. What I find most amazing in this video is the helix structure actually changing direction several times.42d4d0af-bece-4140.jpg

42d4d0af-beea-0342.jpg

How this guy maintained his composure I don't know. Shot minutes after the event.

http://stormvisuals....nado-video.html

"Above is footage shot minutes after the major deadly tornado ripped through Tuscaloosa, Alabama on Wednesday afternoon. A driver for UPS named Jimmy Jones, shared his moments as the tornado forced him to abandon his truck and run for safety under the interstate bridge. His truck along with dozens of other vehicles where destroyed by the violent tornadic winds around him."

Archived