• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
0z EURO/GFS

bmc10

I don't know why it just did that. I copied and pasted what I wrote in a word document, it showed up as an attachment.

Looks like you originally did screenshots, why not post the jpegs instead? Word and Office in general sucks and is a memory hog.... I recenly got LibreOffice open source and free and deleted Office for good lol.

Looks like you originally did screenshots, why not post the jpegs instead? Word and Office in general sucks and is a memory hog.... I recenly got LibreOffice open source and free and deleted Office for good lol.

Dude I am sooo lost.

Great thread guys. Well anyway, the Euro does have an interesting set-up for day 10 with some snow for us as a storm approaches from the west and the PV sits to our north over Canada and the big storm from next weekend becomes somewhat of a 50/50 low. It also shows some back-lash snows for us on Monday night next week from the big storm.

Strong -PNA and +NAO

no way

Yeah, because that is all there is in forecasting. :arrowhead:

NAO is actually falling and PNA rising at that time, plus you have fresh cold air and a strong vort at the base of the trough lagging behind the northern stream. Its actually a great setup for something like that to occur.

GFS has been hinting at this for day and and a few of the GEFS look like the euro. Its a legitimate threat.

Yeah, because that is all there is in forecasting. :arrowhead:

NAO is actually falling and PNA rising at that time, plus you have fresh cold air and a strong vort at the base of the trough lagging behind the northern stream. Its actually a great setup for something like that to occur.

GFS has been hinting at this for day and and a few of the GEFS look like the euro. Its a legitimate threat.

It does look unlikely though....the pattern is not in support of a coastal storm. We could have something develop along the stalled front...but only the Euro OP is really that ambitious.

it goes out to 180 on ewall and is the furtherst inland with no post frontal snow and no coastal. I.E It doesnt look interesting. Here is the ewall image. It appears the GGEM is over phasing as it is prone to do this far out.

f174.gif

OK...................so it has to show a snow storm 7 days + out to look interesting?????? There is a big storm to track and personally I wouldn't mind seeing a 3"+ rainstorm.

OK...................so it has to show a snow storm 7 days + out to look interesting?????? There is a big storm to track and personally I wouldn't mind seeing a 3"+ rainstorm.

Why is that a positive weather experience for us? Flooding rains do nothing but cause tons of damage, way worse than what snow causes. It is uninteresting because it is not interesting to see people's homes incur severe flood damage.

Why is that a positive weather experience for us? Flooding rains do nothing but cause tons of damage, way worse than what snow causes. It is uninteresting because it is not interesting to see people's homes incur severe flood damage.

agreed, especially since this thread is about a snow storm, no one posting about this "threat" is looking for a rainstorm especially not a flooding rainstorm. I think the OP saw it at 144 and thought it would look good in the next frame.

Archived