• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
0z EURO/GFS

bmc10

Why is that a positive weather experience for us? Flooding rains do nothing but cause tons of damage, way worse than what snow causes. It is uninteresting because it is not interesting to see people's homes incur severe flood damage.

:lol: :lol: :lol: The point was..........its 7+ DAYS out............the part about the 3"+ rain is my personal preference to boring weather. I like to see severe weather no matter what form it takes. I feel bad for the damage it causes but its not like we have any control over it either way.

:lol: :lol: :lol: The point was..........its 7+ DAYS out............the part about the 3"+ rain is my personal preference to boring weather. I like to see severe weather no matter what form it takes. I feel bad for the damage it causes but its not like we have any control over it either way.

I understand your point about the time frame. I don't like boring weather either but 3 inches or more of rain does not excite me unless it is accompanied by December 1992/March 2010 winds because that is historic and while that causes damage too it is a very rare occurrence. No one is going to call a 3 inch rain storm historic or severe as it happens more often and is just a nuisance.

I understand your point about the time frame. I don't like boring weather either but 3 inches or more of rain does not excite me unless it is accompanied by December 1992/March 2010 winds because that is historic and while that causes damage too it is a very rare occurrence. No one is going to call a 3 inch rain storm historic as it happens more often and is just a nuisance.

March 12 2010 Nor'easter was like 1992.

Jan 26 looked like an inland rainstorm also. The solution is going to vary greatly in the modeling over the next few days because of some features present. The huge cutoff JAN 26 setup relied heavily on a strong HP and area of confluence to our north that prevented the storm from cutting and warming us. Models if nothing else, at least show a strong area of confluence that makes this setup tricky. If the northern stream is quick to progress east out ahead of the southern stream shortwave, marginal cold air in association with a strong area of HP could setup. The interaction between the two streams is important as well as the development of a strong area of confluence. It has saved us a few times this winter....

Ok, accumulating snow is not rare. But how many of them were at least three inches?

3" or more, march 15th onward since 1978, new brunswick area:

3/16/78....3.0"

4/6/82......6.0"

3/28/84....3.3"

3/22/92....4.5"

3/18/94....3.8"

4/9/96......4.0"

3/31/97....6.4"

3/15/99....5.7"

4/7/03......6.6"

3/16/04....5.7"

3/19/04....4.6"

3/16/07....3.0" (sleet)

we're due.

Nothing major though.

well 3" after mid march is a cheap thrill.

Archived