• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
SNE severe thread

weatherwiz

Yeah we may see some sort of forced convection potentially out of this...some pretty good lift involved here and some excellent jet dynamics and this system will have the history of producing some pretty intense convection. Obviously we aren't looking at any sfc instability but we may see a few hundred J/KG of elevated instability.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Monday is a system I hope we see in late May or early June...would be pretty sick.

As for tomorrow going to be pretty fun. HWW up for coastal areas...looks like the strongest winds will indeed stay in this area but would not be surprised if we see more in the way of inlands just a bit further bit inland as well, especially if temps can jump into the lower to middle 50's. SPC does not have the general thunderstorm line up this way but I think we will see some convection embedded within the rain...perhaps even some sort of forced line out ahead of the front right along the mid-level dry slot.

Monday is a system I hope we see in late May or early June...would be pretty sick.

As for tomorrow going to be pretty fun. HWW up for coastal areas...looks like the strongest winds will indeed stay in this area but would not be surprised if we see more in the way of inlands just a bit further bit inland as well, especially if temps can jump into the lower to middle 50's. SPC does not have the general thunderstorm line up this way but I think we will see some convection embedded within the rain...perhaps even some sort of forced line out ahead of the front right along the mid-level dry slot.

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php?/topic/14127-feb-25-obsdisco/page__st__43

• 2 weeks later...

bump

Friday afternoon looks interesting for SNE. 50kt SSE LLJ poking into the region, with dew points spiking above 50F at 925mb, and a theta-e ridge up to 315K. TTs reach into the upper 40's by the afternoon. Could see a line of strong thunderstorms with heavy rain and gusty winds training NNE off the ocean across E CT/RI/SE MA.

no line on the spc site but, local tv mets are talking. Wlne in RI has been talking about the thunder threat for a few days.

Archived