• Last Reply

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE FORT WORTH TX

344 PM CDT TUE APR 26 2011

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN FORT WORTH HAS ISSUED A

* SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING FOR...

LEON COUNTY IN NORTHEAST TEXAS...

ROBERTSON COUNTY IN SOUTH CENTRAL TEXAS...

* UNTIL 445 PM CDT

* AT 343 PM CDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE METEOROLOGISTS DETECTED A

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING GOLF BALL SIZE HAIL...AND

DAMAGING WINDS IN EXCESS OF 60 MPH. THIS STORM WAS LOCATED 5 MILES

NORTH OF FRANKLIN...AND MOVING EAST AT 45 MPH. ANOTHER SEVERE

STORM WAS LOCATED 7 MILES WEST OF FRANKLIN AND WAS ALSO MOVING

EAST AT 45 MPH.

* THE SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WILL BE NEAR...

BUFFALO AROUND 415 PM

CENTERVILLE AROUND 420 PM

THIS WILL IMPACT I-45 BETWEEN MILE MARKERS 153 AND 180.

We could challenge the all-time high record today (113F, I don't think we'll break it). Before noon, temp was 104F with a DP of 21F.

110@MMMY 112@MMAN, with a dive in surface pressures, 992.4hPa at MMAN.... there's a little chance to tie or break the record, but max insolation time is over, so we need the help of the west downsloping winds...the pressure dip might help matters, but I doubt it will be enough.

The city of Veracruz is toasting @110 with DPs in the upper 60s/lower 70s and with onshore flow to boot...quite rare feat.

Nice evening in Laredo...

Wind from the WSW (240 degrees) at 14 MPH (12 KT) gusting to 21 MPH (18 KT) Visibility 10 mile(s) Sky conditions clear Temperature 110.8 F (43.8 C) Dew Point 34.9 F (1.6 C) Relative Humidity 7% Pressure (altimeter) 29.37 in. Hg (994 hPa) ob KLRD 262156Z 24012G18KT 10SM CLR 44/02 A2937 RMK AO2 T04380016 SLP930

well those went poof mighty quick. seeing all that red just down the road got my hopes up, but we're going to need another hefty initiation event to get much of anything here. RUC shows some weak junk west of here later this evening and then dissipates it by the time it passes this way.

Caught this on the Albany listserve

RECORD EVENT REPORT...COR FOR EARLIEST 90 DEGREE DAY

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HOUSTON/GALVESTON TX 145 PM CDT WED APR 27 2011

...93 DEGREES TODAY IS NOW THE WARMEST TEMPERATURE EVER RECORDED DURING THE MONTH OF APRIL...

...RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE SET AT GALVESTON... GALVESTON HAS WARMED TO 93 DEGREES THIS AFTERNOON. THIS IS A NEW HIGH TEMPERATURE RECORD FOR THE DAY. THE PREVIOUS RECORD WAS 86 DEGREES ESTABLISHED IN 1933. THE 93 DEGREES TODAY IS NOW THE WARMEST TEMPERATURE EVER RECORDED DURING THE MONTH OF APRIL. THE PREVIOUS WARMEST TEMPERATURE EVER RECORDED IN APRIL WAS 92 DEGREES AND OCCURRED ON APRIL 30 1953. THIS RECORD MAY CHANGE DURING THE AFTERNOON SINCE THERE ARE SEVERAL HOURS OF HEATING TO GO.

Caught this on the Albany listserve

RECORD EVENT REPORT...COR FOR EARLIEST 90 DEGREE DAY

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HOUSTON/GALVESTON TX 145 PM CDT WED APR 27 2011

...93 DEGREES TODAY IS NOW THE WARMEST TEMPERATURE EVER RECORDED DURING THE MONTH OF APRIL...

...RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE SET AT GALVESTON... GALVESTON HAS WARMED TO 93 DEGREES THIS AFTERNOON. THIS IS A NEW HIGH TEMPERATURE RECORD FOR THE DAY. THE PREVIOUS RECORD WAS 86 DEGREES ESTABLISHED IN 1933. THE 93 DEGREES TODAY IS NOW THE WARMEST TEMPERATURE EVER RECORDED DURING THE MONTH OF APRIL. THE PREVIOUS WARMEST TEMPERATURE EVER RECORDED IN APRIL WAS 92 DEGREES AND OCCURRED ON APRIL 30 1953. THIS RECORD MAY CHANGE DURING THE AFTERNOON SINCE THERE ARE SEVERAL HOURS OF HEATING TO GO.

94F last hour.

Well, in addition to this already insane fire season, we had a real adventure in Groesbeck ,Texas Tuesday. I was in the Limestone Medical Center ER finishing up my clinicals for EMT-B when the tornado tore up downtown Groesbeck. I do not know of any earthy way that the town came through without any casualties... NOT ONE admit to the ER for injuries directly related to the tornado. Only one unfortunate accident related to inclement weather from an outlying town, and still one too many...

Early warnings save lives. Thank God for Spotters and Meteorologists!!

Still looking promising for Saturday through Tuesday...

The HPC 5 day map from about 7 days ago looked like that, and failed, epically.

ETA:

Ensembles, 700 mb winds and temps, not looking happy.

The fun PSU Euro vs GFS 8-10 day 500 mb graphic, also not looking happy.

test8.gif

^

Perhaps. My post was directed at the general trend of better rain chances across a wider are of TX than in my back yard in NW Houston/Harris County. As a side note, the 12Z GFS would agree.;)

Yeah, I get fixated on 4 times a week watering of my lawn near 1960/Champions.

But I think the whole state near/South of I-10 needs some serious rain.

You can see the fires North of DRT better on loop, there may be a patch of cirrus passing between San Angelo and Abilene, but the state is about at max insolation.

post-138-0-42755700-1304097369.jpg

Archived