Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
OV Winter Storm Threat for February 2-3

dilly84

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, the model Blizzard Bill showed gave Chicago 0" of snow lmaosmiley.gif

wanna see a real laugher? Go here if you have FB and click on photos by others and take a look at some of these guys storm calls. Have snow all the way downin southern OH and crazy crap lol... You'll see my maps, theyre about the only logical ones on there.

http://www.facebook.com/MeteoMadness?forceClose=1#!/MeteoMadness?forceClose=1

wanna see a real laugher? Go here if you have FB and click on photos by others and take a look at some of these guys storm calls. Have snow all the way downin southern OH and crazy crap lol... You'll see my maps, theyre about the only logical ones on there.

http://www.facebook....ss?forceClose=1

There were a couple legit ones like yours... but nothing compares to the 24-36" I saw for NYC on there Friday.

Once the low peaks, the occlusion process will begin and the low will start to drift ene. The key is where the storm peaks. Fort Wayne sounds to far north. I think it peaks over Southern/Central Indiana.

that is the huge variable. it looked to me like the 18z models took a step in the right direction. Will be interesting to see if that is a trend or blip.

that is the huge variable. it looked to me like the 18z models took a step in the right direction. Will be interesting to see if that is a trend or blip.

Check out the diff between the 6z 72 hr nam and the 18z 60 hr nam at 5h. It almost looks like it's trying to develop a bowling ball with the front piece.

well just skimming thru the storm thread and looking at the 18z uk and regem there seems to be a growing prediction that we might actually see a nw shift on 00z vs. se shift. Either way tonites runs should pretty much tell us if the track is about locked or if there is more adjustments to go. Apparently everything will be sampled for 00z

well just skimming thru the storm thread and looking at the 18z uk and regem there seems to be a growing prediction that we might actually see a nw shift on 00z vs. se shift. Either way tonites runs should pretty much tell us if the track is about locked or if there is more adjustments to go. Apparently everything will be sampled for 00z

+AO/NAO and a SW flow is a major NW shift time pattern.

That was really more neutral and actually a -AO if you take into account the lag time. But I'm just bringing it up to be pessimistic LOL i don't have any other good reasoning for it to go NW more.

yea i know...actually i think the ao was positive but the nao was heading neutral/positive. At any rate it would be very easy to believe a nw shift. But i could see both ways, especially if the full sampling yields a weaker system.

promote more of an eastward shift.

SREF does the same thing... results in a track just barely SE of before. Not as much of a spread NW too... so that's encouraging. Unfortunately, it's just a worse ice storm for most of OH then before:

sref_namer_060_500_vort_ht.gif

sref_namer_060_mslp.gif

Most encouraging thing is it does end up weaker too

Archived