Jump to content

Heisy

Members
  • Posts

    9,445
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Heisy

  1. Yes! Was just looking at motels there. Are there any nuance elevation up this way I should stay out of?
  2. Thanks man. My only concern right now is the NAM which seems to get that deformation zone a touch east from lewisburg. Then again a lot of other models bullseye them so it’s a win win, but I don’t want to be sitting there and keep hoping that the heaviest dbz get to me. I’m a greeedy mofo lol
  3. Hey man, I have plans to go to Williamsport Pa today, but I’m starting to think while they will do amazing, maybe a bit farther south or east willl do even better... I’m trying to find the jackpot!!! Lol im A greedy bastard...anyway.this happened during the storm I chased to New England earlier this year where things shifted east on the meso models real close to the event (literally then12z NAM while I it was precipitating) and I had to drive 45 mins southeast)..any spots you’d recommend as well? Just trying to get all sorts of recommendations b4 I go. Thanks!!
  4. Hey guys. I’m headed to Williamsport tomorrow. I know that isn’t really your region, but just wanted to visit different forums. I went Cal U back in 05 in their meteorology Program. It was before I really knew about how CAD worked. I quick learned the downside lol. Hope you guys do well to because that probably means more for me as well!
  5. So many factors. Where does the low tuck to? Rgem/euro types almost have it to Baltimore. Lol. Then you add how quick does it deepen. 3km would be best case it really imo. Still undecided on Williamsport maybe Scranton or down in Harrisburg. On my search for the jackpot haha
  6. Lol the NAM is now making me think poconos would be better lol
  7. Hey folks. I’m headed to Williamsport early tomorrow morning. I’m beyond excited haha...couple questions 1) looks like the storm ends early tomorrow. How are the roads up my way? I should be near an interstate. I drive a car not a truck/suv. Think I may be able to get out Thursday night? 2) how’s the instability looking up this way? I’d love to experience some thunder snow. 3) my goal is 18” I think the duration will hurt a bit. I think the snow maps are a bit overdone because of it, but who knows. Do you guys think someone my way might hit 30?!
  8. Hello active December...verbatim it misses, but gotta love the potential gfs showing for Christmas Day or day or 2 later....Hell of a ridge out west, if you space out the waves properly that’s dynamite. I’m headed to Williamsport pa btw. Good luck up there this go around. Philly will get one this year
  9. CMC almost looks like the maps it had with this storm at day 10
  10. Hey all. I’m chasing this storm up from Philly. I don’t want to drive more than 3 hours tops. I was thinking either poconos, but also Williamsport or around the Harrisburg region. Any spots you’d recommend based on current data? I’m a little worried in E PA about the deformation zone lifting farther N than anticipated, but that’d still be better for c pa. Can’t decide! I’d be leaving early tomorrow morning so still time to get some model runs in.
  11. It’s one run and a qpf tick Upper air features are fine. Idk man it could be worst you could be in Philly with hours and hours of sleet
  12. I’m headed to either Hershey or like Jim Thorpe. Gonna get mauled over there hopefully.
  13. Gfs close to showing a Miller B bomb next Tuesday. I thought this winter was supposed to suck technically it’s a hit for coastal region I believe
  14. Look how far the low tucked west on the gfs down towards Delaware compared to 12z and that was one run in difference. This is how the gfs does it. It’ll catch up eventually. I’ve grown to the point where I just use it for longer range wave length ideas and storm potential, but specifics is Gd pointless
  15. OT but the LR Christmas gfs setup looks almost identical to today’s H5. Pretty crazy. Check out day 8-9. Shortwave diving down which could form 50:50 with nice energy dropping out of NW
  16. You guys helped me last times so I’ll ask where do you think I should head? I was thinking poconos
  17. It does seem slower though too when compared to the cmc for example
  18. Yeah december 30 2000 in Washington DC lol. Though it was a different model back then
  19. I think it’s the bias of placing lows too far SE. idk why you guys are even worried tbh. I’d rather be in Boston than philly right now by a long shot.
  20. Black and white maps of cmc look even more intense with H5
  21. I mean not really, the euro crushed us at 18z with close to 15-20” . If you mean the Max zone then yeah
×
×
  • Create New...