Jump to content

Cfa

Members
  • Posts

    4,705
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Cfa

  1. 6.26, officially cracked 10 inches for the month. I’d be happy if it didn’t rain again until January.
  2. 5.25” here and counting, 9 inches for the month.
  3. Winds have picked up quite a bit. Car is getting rocked around.
  4. Sun poking out near ISP. I’m not expecting anything to happen out here, although more often than not, the best storms I’ve seen out here have come by “surprise”.
  5. I can’t believe I briefly thought Suffolk was going to get a break today. Sky getting dark near ISP, it was just sunny-ish.
  6. Closing in on 4.00” here with 3.99”, I can’t believe it’s still raining.
  7. This is easily top 2 most prolific lightning producing storms I’ve seen in my decade living in LI, possibly number 1. Frequent CTG’s in all directions and surround sound thunder. This was so random.
  8. I just got an Ecowitt HP2584 a few weeks ago after my Ambient WS2902 died after 8 years, I had a headache trying to find my exact elevation too. Do you find the piezoelectric rain gauge to be accurate? 90/80/107 here now. Crazy how 80-degree dews have become so normal over the past decade or so, I don’t even count them anymore.
  9. Wow, I grow all three species too, but mine are in pots. I bring them inside if lows are forecasted to be in the low 20’s since pots freeze much faster than the ground, but they spend most of the winter outside. My Windmill is about 6 feet tall so it’s becoming a hassle. I’ve grown more than a dozen other palm species but these 3 are far and away the most rugged, even outside of winter. I too wish they’d catch on here.
  10. 87/77/99 here. We just need some palm trees and we’d be set.
  11. My southwest: Wasn't expecting it at all.
  12. Tiny cell over Central Suffolk looks kinda tornadic to me. Edit: Radar showing some slight rotation?
  13. Smoke starting to filter in here in Suffolk as well. Temp has “dipped” down to 90.
  14. 2.63” here, over an inch more than the entire month of June. High of only 68 so far, crazy after 100’s just a couple of days ago.
  15. Fireworks have resumed lol.
  16. It felt like a microburst in Coram. Branches down all over the place.
  17. That was wild. I was getting hit with flying debris, barely made it inside.
  18. 94/70. Crazy how a 70 degree dew point can feel so dry.
  19. Mine stopped working entirely at 99 degrees (and rising) lol. Replacement coming tomorrow. Every other surrounding station hit at least 100, so I’ll count it.
  20. 98/67 here, temp still increasing a little over a degree per hour, it’ll be a close call. Seabreeze has been stationary for the past few hours, it if moves north that may help.
  21. 97/73 at my PWS on the north shore. 92/81 on my Kestrel here on the south shore near ISP. Feels like a poorly ventilated bathroom but with full sunshine.
  22. 93/78 here, HI 108.
  23. Topped out at 90, down to 86 now.
  24. 89 here, already surpassed yesterday’s high of 88. More humid today as well.
  25. Finishing high school in what was nearly July and starting college in August sucked.
×
×
  • Create New...