Jump to content

Jebman

Members
  • Posts

    9,511
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Jebman

  1. Yeah, I think that is what happened. Its 34 degrees and falling down here, mod to heavy snow, all surfaces are white now, even the ground, the grass, and elevated places. Its half an inch and increasing! This is totally surreal! Not what I expect living down here at all. Looks like it got colder and changed over much earlier than even what the models were indicating lol. Now they upped us to 2 inches. That, is a massive snowstorm down here, kind of like a HECS in Dale City, given our seasonal snow climo is three quarters of an inch. Better look out because the Mid Atlantic is next!
  2. Its kind of surreal seeing a winter weather advisory in my part of the world. We usually dont see snow down here in Buda TX lol. Rain developing tonight , into tomorrow, it will be changing over to snow after 12 noon, possibly accumulating 1-2 inches which is WAYYYYYYYYY over normal climatology for south central Texas lol. Normal climo snow for south central Texas is three quarters of an inch of snow in a season lol. Just 20 miles or so north, about 6 inches in possible banding lol. Its surreal. I almost feel like I am back in northern Virginia lol. Models are trending colder lol. You know what they say, The trend is your friend......
  3. This, is definitely sig-worthy. Couldnt have stated it better myself.
  4. No problem! Just grab the shovel, clear the rest. Just another routine winter day in SNE.
  5. I hope you get TOTALLY OBLITERATED! Completely DESTROYED! Lets park the dethband over your 'hood for a couple of days.
  6. BWI: 32" DCA: 24" IAD: 44" RIC: 21" Tiebreaker SBY: 22" This will be a frigid and snowy winter long remembered in the Washington DC Metropolitan Region overall. Its going to be a Brobdingnagian Surprise.
  7. TL;DR The Mid Atlantic is gonna get absolutely SHELLACKED by torrential winter snows and frigid Vodka Cold, especially from late Jan 2021, thru early April 2021.
  8. Dale City got 1 inch of snow on the grassy areas on Oct 10 back in 1979. Arctic front came a bit farther south than forecast. Damn, we STILL had to go to school. I was still in high school back then lol
  9. You guys in the Mid Atlantic arent just gonna do this digitally. You are gonna do it for REAL too, in January, February and March in 2021 as you get shellacked by torrential snows that will pile up and pile up!
  10. I think the Mid Atlantic will enjoy a very cold, snowy winter in 2020-2021.
  11. The entire Mid Atlantic is gonna get buried ALIVE in deep snow this upcoming winter! Its gonna be very cold too! Throw about twenty more logs on that fire!
  12. Don't forget that anomalous Greater Antilles Ridge! Its been so warm down here in central TX, that I am ALREADY pretty much used to low 60s dewpoints already, even mid 60s dewpoints! It was doing that many times in Jan and Feb! Central Texas is VERY VERY different from Northern Virginia, lol. Lot less rain, too. I killed off many plants last summer from overwatering them, because of my Washingtonian climatological mindset lmao!
  13. This is definitely in the Mid Atlantic Region's future this low sun season, except it will extend much farther south and the snow totals will be deeper. It wont be the only snowstorm either! You guys' time is comin!
  14. It does get cold enough overnight down here in central Texas for snowmaking lol. Just had a couple nights down into the middle 20s! Thanks! I might check this out!
  15. Attention all snow weenies who are on the Ledge: There IS Hope. This is going to be one of the frigidest, snowiest winters in Mid Atlantic History. Christmas is just around the corner and then New Years, which will usher in a truly WINTRY SNOW FILLED New Year here in the Mid Atlantic!
  16. I missed most of the rain, which saddens me --- but, I also missed the tornadoes. I'll take getting dryslotted. I can live without rain, as long as I miss the tornado lol.
  17. Just wanted to let you all know the Biltmore Park webcam never updates. Its still dark on the webcam and snowing hard. I really wanted to see what it looked like there after it stopped and daylight came but oh well. https://www.facebook.com/wspatv/videos/756890834677211/
  18. Already picked up nearly two thirds of an inch of rain just this morning into the afternoon in Buda, TX. Not bad for a 40 percent chance of a few passing showers.
  19. Strong cold frontal boundary passed thru Buda TX at approx 110am. Temps and dewpoints are falling, temperature fell from 78 to 67 and dewpoints fell from 76 to 64 in a matter of 15 minutes. Surface winds are gusting to 26mph out of the NW. This cold airmass means BUSINESS.
  20. September in Buda was very rainy compared to what I have come to expect in this region at that time of year. We got 12.5 inches of rain last month. We have also picked up 4 inches of rain in Buda this month so far. I love El Ninos! On another note however, the capping over AUS and San Antonio appears to be MUCH MUCH stronger than earlier advertised, so it looks as though tonight most of the rain will fall well east of I 35, then tomorrow most of the rain will fall well west of I 35. I'm new down here in central TX. But it sure does seem that AUS tends to be in a precipitation minimum much of the time, lol. It'll be cooler Monday thru Thursday but probably just a few passing light sprinkles. I'll take the cooler weather with a north breeze tomorrow over tonight's 87/77 conditions.
  21. We are praying for your safety in the Carolinas and for a weaker storm. Stay safe everyone.
  22. Looks like Austin lucked out on this round, I am not sure how it is happening, but all of the rain is going around us. I sure feel sorry for places to our west and north, the rain has been torrential and relentless in those areas for the past few days. I hate when it rains on my outings here. It wont today or tonight.
  23. Buda is in northern Hays County, about 15 miles south of Austin along I 35. We received 3 inches of rain this afternoon. We are even more thankful for that rain, it is needed down here, and now I am praying other parts of Texas get much needed rain, but not flooding. The grass is already responding to the recent rainfall.
  24. I reside permanently in Buda Texas as of last Sunday. Buda got an eighth of an inch of rain earlier today. We're very thankful.
×
×
  • Create New...