Jump to content

Violentweatherfan

Members
  • Posts

    3,689
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Violentweatherfan

  1. These are two really good posts. Especially when forecasting accumulation expectations
  2. This has to be one of the funniest gifs I’ve seen, credit ironty from the md forum
  3. I’m convinced it’s the NWS budget cuts
  4. I’m still looking for any appreciable snowfall, more than 10 inches that has occurred during a weak La Niña with the MJO in phase 4. Oh and very little cold air to work with.
  5. Everyone was on that bandwagon, I remember Paul Kocin on TWC Friday night showing a graphic with SEPA in the bullseye with 2 to 3 feet of snow. Then on Saturday a coworker saying it wasn’t going to snow, and I was like wtf get out of here.
  6. We do get snow when the MJO is in phase 4 or phase 5 but nothing of significance. Our first snow this season, the one that was a “two-part” system kinda over performed. Those totals where what 6” tops. So when models are spitting out 12” inch totals or more, you have to be careful with expectations
  7. Actually you want the MJO to be in phase 8 or phase 1.
  8. The MJO is gonna be in phase 3/4 by this storm period. I’d temper the excitement and brace for a model change
  9. The MJO is going in the wrong direction too. Not sure how late February to mid March is gonna deliver. The only possible is if the MJO forecast is wrong
  10. He also pointed out how off the forecast was for the MJO. It’s definitely going in the wrong direction so here is to hoping if is off about that.
  11. Didn’t Feb 5, 2010 and Feb 9,2010 delivery the goods?
  12. My thinking is could this be the reason the models are playing catch up
  13. What are your thoughts regarding the possibility of cutbacks (lack of funding) to NOAA/NWS impacting model data early on and then getting better sampling later. Therefore odd model solutions
  14. On the video I posted there is mention that the precipitation field should be more expansive. Yeah there will be sharp gradients but the field should be further west
  15. This is great discussion, but the info from late last night’s runs aren’t included
  16. I watched a weather video last night and the synopsis was that the low isn’t wrapping up or phasing with the sub tropical jet therefore it’s as it is being pulled east
  17. Hey, just asking what if we get a couple of feet of snow out of this? Where are we gonna put it?
  18. I just moved to Jamison PA in 2024 and according to Wunderground several places went below zero it’s last year.
  19. Oh come on, the both of you aren’t fooling anyone.
  20. Anyone needs a break in between the models these guys are pretty good.
×
×
  • Create New...