Jump to content

TheNiño

Members
  • Posts

    328
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by TheNiño

  1. Comparison to my last picture. Been under the bands nothing super impressive but I’m still in heaven and grateful to have anything at all. The ultimate thread the needle finally being on the west side of the lake has been beneficial.
  2. I don’t mean to rub it in. Just this never happens to me (or any of us I know). I’m just so happy and I only have you dorks to share it with so humor me lol
  3. Under a good band here right now. Small flakes but pretty heavy. Roads covered now. Tough to forecast these LES events but so far they seem pretty spot on.
  4. Flakes have already started here on the lake at the Kenosha/Racine county line.
  5. I’m fortunate enough to live directly on the lake but am still so jealous of those on the Michigan side. Every time I see them getting LES I cry a little bit.
  6. I’d be thrilled to be buried with a 2-4in event at this point.
  7. I hate these last few winters can’t you nerds give me some hope? That’s what I lurk here for and you all are failing me.
  8. Happy here in Kenosha I thought the warm lake temps would ruin my fun but this is a nice sight to wake up to.
  9. Had the same here. Typical summer thunderstorm but the thunder was impressive. Music to my ears.
  10. Hey guys… not from this sub forum but happened to be in the area. Almost got ran over by the Lincoln, NE tornado. not chasing just driving through. Apologies for the freak out I’m more of a casual weather fan and have never seen a tornado in real life before. Legit thought I was going to take a direct hit. Anyway just thought I’d share.
  11. Very possible actually. There was definitely a lower layer you could definitely be correct. Looked cool anyway. Only lasted for about 5min.
  12. Can anyone tell me what I just saw over Lake Michigan? Genuinely asking. Waterspouts? Scud clouds. Something else? Genuinely curious I’m not as bright as most of you in here lol
  13. Seriously, I didn’t understand why 100% would be so much of a difference compared to 99%. But having now experienced it, I get it. Like you, I would literally travel abroad to see it again. Incredible experience.
  14. Wow wow wow. I understand now why people say you just have to experience it. And the difference between 99% and 100% is just literally night and day. Absolutely amazing experience. Ended up just south of New Castle, IN right over totality. It’s something I’ll never forget. This is a picture a friend took through a telescope. Anyone who saw it will tell you that you could see that solar flare on the bottom. So worth the traffic mess after. I’d experience it again in a heartbeat.
  15. Targeting New Castle, IN. Will make adjustments by tomorrow morning but that’s my spot as of now.
  16. Decided to take a random timelapse this evening and happened to catch the trailing end of cloud cover moving out over the lake. I thought it was kinda cool but then again I’m a dork.
  17. Lake slowly starting to freeze. Just in time for things to warm up.
  18. Been getting rather frequent frost/ice quakes here in Kenosha next to the lake where we got quite a bit of rain with the last system and only a few inches on the ground. Something I’ve never experienced before. Have had them the past two nights. So that’s kinda cool. Sometimes as many as a half dozen or more per hour in the early morning hours. Silver lining to this nastiness.
  19. Switched to rain here in Kenosha. Hopefully it’ll change back soon. Wind is ripping off the lake tho
×
×
  • Create New...