Jump to content

Shocker0

Members
  • Posts

    607
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Shocker0

  1. Heavier snow since I posted that picture 20 minutes ago so it's adding up pretty quickly
  2. Whatever model(s) seemed to show decent accumulation in southern middle Tennessee seems to be the winner so far. Seems like a swath from Columbia eastward got accumulation
  3. 31 at my house between Monterey and Crossville. Still seems to be coming down pretty good. I wasn't expecting it to snow this much already so hopefully it'll keep up as it moves east. Temperatures are supposed to stay hovering around freezing all night but hopefully it won't melt much.
  4. Heavy snow and big flakes between Crossville and Monterey here. Turning white quickly. TWC showed a cold rain for us for the first few hours but it has been all snow so I figure it should stay that way.
  5. Good article about this event here: https://www.weather.gov/hun/hunsur_2004-02-15 I have a good story about that event. I lived just across the border in McCreary County, KY at the time (north of Oneida) and they called for 8-12 inches of snow starting that night. We were going to church south of Oneida that night (it hadn't started snowing yet) and were seeing cars coming northbound with snow plastered on their front bumpers like they had ran into heavy snow recently, but yet it was completely dry for us. We finally got to the road the church was on and snow just started pouring down harder than I've ever seen. We had to turn around and on the way out several cars were already in the ditch. By the time we got back home just 20min away it was still completely dry. It never snowed a flake that night at our house despite the 8-12 inches that was forecast. Later on the news we saw where random parts of Morgan County and Crossville area received up to a foot of snow, while we were bone dry. Here's a picture of the snow depth on that day so you can see how finicky the system was.
  6. Fatalities reported in Putnam County
  7. It was about a mile north of me it looked like on radar. We got high winds and lightning, but barely any rain. I'll drive north a little ways in the AM and see how it looks. The path the storm took in Cumberland County was almost identical to the February 2012 tornado which killed three people. Was woken up by my phone ringing with the automated message for it. Rough night, I didn't realize the storms were expected to be so severe, especially here in Eastern middle TN. All good here just very very spotty cell phone coverage so hopefully this message will submit
×
×
  • Create New...