March 20-22 winter storm

snowstormcanuck

dtx latest afd

THE NEXT MAJOR
WEATHER-MAKER WILL BE FRIDAY NIGHT AS DISORGANIZED LOW PRESSURE
FOLLOWS A MID-LEVEL WAVE ACROSS THE MIDWEST AND INTO THE GREAT
LAKES. THIS SYSTEM LOOKS TO UNDERGO RAPID CYCLOGENESIS NEAR
MICHIGAN. LATEST MODEL RUNS BRING THIS SYSTEM IN A TRACK FAVORABLE
FOR AN ALL-SNOW SOLUTION WITH SEVERAL INCHES POSSIBLE.

The Euro is ideal for Southern MI, coming at night, low strengthening as it passes to your south, and a decent moisture feed into the system. The frontogenesis strengthens nicely as the low passes to our south. The 850mb low passes right overhead and the 700mb low is just north of that also promoting good frontogenesis for the low to mid levels.

Majority of the euro EPS members seem to have a more amped/further NW solution. Could be a pretty interesting system for those on the NW side of the low.

Noticed that too. Not that I'd turn up my nose at the OP solution. With a few exceptions all the models have been consistently hinting at at least some accumulating snow. Nice consensus 4.5 days out.

DTW only needs 2.9" to tie and 3.0" to take the all-time #1, and even if this ones goes NW there is plenty of unseasonable cold lurking afterward. But Ill be rooting against the old NW trend in hopes of getting my 7th snowstorm of 6"+ this winter!!!

Euro has it dead center for us, we don't want any shifts right now.

i saw a map. i only get the text output ironically and I saw it was 0.95" qpf as snow and I was like HOLY SH*T! Then I saw a map posted elsewhere and saw how narrow it was. Going to be hard to get it to not move for 4 days.

It is about 4 counties wide which isn't too bad, just need the low to track a couple counties south of the border and we'll be fine.

If the threat is real at all.

We'll see...

All models show something coming through the region, GFS is characteristically flatter than the rest though the 18z did trend a hair closer to the euro and the GFS ensembles all have a stronger system than the op albeit most are north of here.

All models show something coming through the region, GFS is characteristically flatter than the rest though the 18z did trend a hair closer to the euro and the GFS ensembles all have a stronger system than the op albeit most are north of here.

I noticed that. A lot of rainers.

It's going to come down to what it's come down to so many times this winter. What the PV does.

Interesting note is today's storm has had a SE trend over the past couple days.  Storm track is now over northern Lower instead over central Lake Superior.

Yea a lot weaker then it looked a few days ago. Not sure how it's going to affect this one. Perhaps a more northern track since the baro zone won't be pushed as far south. I expect the GGEM and euro to come a bit north, but not as far as the 12z GFS..

Yea a lot weaker then it looked a few days ago. Not sure how it's going to affect this one. Perhaps a more northern track since the baro zone won't be pushed as far south. I expect the GGEM and euro to come a bit north, but not as far as the 12z GFS..

This current storm changes seem be the reason this storm is no longer all that exciting.  We'll see.  In the end I just want Flint to get that 1.2" to break the record.

Archived