• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2015/16

snywx

My flood watch consisted of .11" and received nothing yesterday. It's been considerably drier on my side of the county than further west towards you and snywx.

Snywx has been The Rain King of late, I've been too far east myself to get in on the good stuff recently.  There was a part of June that I did well but I'm all dried out now.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Snywx has been The Rain King of late, I've been too far east myself to get in on the good stuff recently. There was a part of June that I did well but I'm all dried out now.

Lol.. Yesterday & today have been dry. Actually quite pleasant with the exception being the humidity

I wish it would dry out a bit more. East of the Taconic spine it's been wet since the beginning of June. The reservoirs are bank full, most creeks still have good flow rates and the soil moisture is high. If you need to see lush undergrowth come take a ride over this way :) The situation is quite different in the Highlands north of Cold Spring, I was up on South Beacon Mt on Sunday and it's dusty with zero undergrowth in the forest over there. What a difference in ~20 miles.

Thomas Bull Park I assume. How are the festivities there on days like today? Was thinking of taking the family.

Honesty I don't check out the festivities much as I hang in my yard partying. Last year was the first year that they held them since 2005, I think this years is bigger for sure. As far as the fireworks themselves no one every complains, it's a good show. I imagine watching them from the wide open hill is pretty epic. You can get great views from up there everyday so throwing in fireworks is over the top.

Honesty I don't check out the festivities much as I hang in my yard partying. Last year was the first year that they held them since 2005, I think this years is bigger for sure. As far as the fireworks themselves no one every complains, it's a good show. I imagine watching them from the wide open hill is pretty epic. You can get great views from up there everyday so throwing in fireworks is over the top.

Thank you sir....much appreciated. Think I'm gonna stay home for the evening.

Archived