• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
E PA/NJ/DE/Okle: Banter/Non Storm OBS thread

Another Trek fan here and more specifically, a Vulcan fan.   Was really sorry to hear that news yesterday (I was able to see him at a local convention about a dozen years ago and got an autograph).  I think many of us who made science a career were fans thanks to the show (or "shows", considering there were 5 more series after the original plus all the films).  Funny but rewatching STIII: TSFS last night, I chuckled at the Genesis planet scenes as the planet evolved, which resultied in some insane weather/temperature patterns that occured within directly adjacent areas, e.g., 39C in one spot and 12C and falling, just adjacent (like this year's precipitation cutoffs). :lmao:

With protomatter, anything is possible ;)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6.7 this morning in NW Chesco.    Last single digits until next year (if then) I suppose.

Still 7 inches of snow at snow stake in the yard while many southern facing slopes are bare.

I like the way you said that. Last year and this year is off the charts cold. Post 1994 it seems the trend to get single digit cold is about every other winter or so. Yeah I am getting old I don't like the deep cold like i use too, teens is fine with me.

Spent some time outside earlier enjoying the wintry environment - nice and crisp, still have good snow cover over most of the yard, substantial (good looking) snow piles, and a chance for some snow tomorrow. Appreciation mode, as even with the chances for snow this week (which I'm very much looking forward to), I know the days of snow on the ground are numbered. It's been a struggle at this latitude this winter to get significant snow, but the last two weeks have come through well, along with plenty of cold air to keep it around. Nice!

Ray, I didn't see that you mentioned this anywhere else, but looking at your updated snow totals it looks like you received some snow in Elko this past Thursday and Friday, the first in almost 2 months - congratulations!

Yes, it was nice, but its all melted already... :(

Archived