ChicagoGuy
    Newest Member
    ChicagoGuy
E PA/NJ/DE/Okle: Banter/Non Storm OBS thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

walked back yard tonight.

wet areas still like walking on wet sponge.

weed whacker cut only.

The opposite here as i live near the top of the hill and have a general slope. Litterally never a soggy spot even after the two big rainstorms this month it drains fantastic. However dries out quicker

Have a ridge like peak on the side lawn that sparsely grows grass that was "bone" dry soon as yesterday :lol: but front back and other side lawn grows lush grass

top soil on clay and rock (hence west rockhill township ;) )= last to dry out

our woods are even worse.

Two things that probably cause your area to never dry out. The clay, the rock would actually help in drainage but that's prob we'll below the clay. 2nd you probably have a high water table. I know around where I live a lot of people have wells and sump pumps in their basements because of the high water table.

The opposite here as i live near the top of the hill and have a general slope. Litterally never a soggy spot even after the two big rainstorms this month it drains fantastic. However dries out quicker

Have a ridge like peak on the side lawn that sparsely grows grass that was "bone" dry soon as yesterday  :lol: but front back and other side lawn grows lush grass

So you have more elevation for bigger snows  ;)

Two things that probably cause your area to never dry out. The clay, the rock would actually help in drainage but that's prob we'll below the clay. 2nd you probably have a high water table. I know around where I live a lot of people have wells and sump pumps in their basements because of the high water table.

sounds correct.

sump pump now turns on several times a day.

Days are now getting shorter now so closer to  :snowing::D   :lol:

I worked from home yesterday because the air conditioning was not functioning properly in the building I work in.  So I went outside for 45 minutes during my lunch hour to mow my front lawn (I was worried about t-storms forming later on which would prevent me from doing this in the evening).  I guess there are some folks who love the idea of being completely drenched in sweat, but 90 degree temps with DP's over 70 and full sunshine is not exactly my ideal weather conditions for doing yardwork.  Give me low 80's with DP's below 70.

Since Grothar isn't posting here as of late (not sure if he was banned or given a timeout), I'm not sure anyone is still mentioning drought.  Well, except maybe RedSky (whose house is seemingly being missed by the heavier rains over the past month).

In other news, I'm hoping the day of the 4th is relatively dry.  Otherwise it's fine to have some rain and t-storms to track.

Archived