e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
PHL Jan 17-19 Snow/Ice/Rain Storm Obs

am19psu

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PAZ060>062-180900-BERKS-LEHIGH-NORTHAMPTON-INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...READING...ALLENTOWN...BETHLEHEM...EASTON154 AM EST TUE JAN 18 2011...SNOW WILL CHANGE TO SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN EARLY THIS MORNING...LOOK FOR SNOW TO FALL WITH VARYING INTENSITY ACROSS THE LEHIGHVALLEY THROUGH 300 AM. THROUGH THAT TIME...AN ADDITIONAL INCH ORSO OF SNOW IS POSSIBLE. AFTER 300 AM...EXPECT THE SNOW TO MIX WITHAND CHANGE TO SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN.

Just so everyone is aware when this was updated prior it said that Lehigh valley would change over by 1:30 AM ..now they pushed it till 3 AM ...

PAZ060>062-180900-BERKS-LEHIGH-NORTHAMPTON-INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...READING...ALLENTOWN...BETHLEHEM...EASTON154 AM EST TUE JAN 18 2011...SNOW WILL CHANGE TO SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN EARLY THIS MORNING...LOOK FOR SNOW TO FALL WITH VARYING INTENSITY ACROSS THE LEHIGHVALLEY THROUGH 300 AM. THROUGH THAT TIME...AN ADDITIONAL INCH ORSO OF SNOW IS POSSIBLE. AFTER 300 AM...EXPECT THE SNOW TO MIX WITHAND CHANGE TO SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN.

Just so everyone is aware when this was updated prior it said that Lehigh valley would change over by 1:30 AM ..now they pushed it till 3 AM ...

Actually they said

AFTER 130 AM...LOOK FOR THE SNOW TO CHANGE TO SLEET AND FREEZING

RAIN ACROSS THE LOWER LEHIGH VALLEY. THE CHANGE OVER WILL OCCUR

ACROSS THE UPPER LEHIGH VALLEY AFTER 300 AM.

Actually they said

AFTER 130 AM...LOOK FOR THE SNOW TO CHANGE TO SLEET AND FREEZING

RAIN ACROSS THE LOWER LEHIGH VALLEY. THE CHANGE OVER WILL OCCUR

ACROSS THE UPPER LEHIGH VALLEY AFTER 300 AM.

Correct...I am quite sure that I would be considered the lower lehigh valley ;)

And another FYI the 6 Z NAM now keeps from ABE northeast into NE PA below freezing!

And temp has now dropped to 21 degrees!scooter.gif

ABE and XLL have seen a significant visibility rise in the last 30 minutes... likely mixing with sleet now. Even larger visibility rise at UKT signals transition to all sleet/freezing rain there.

Allentown Lehigh Valley International Airport

Lat: 40.66 Lon: -75.43 Elev: 390

Last Update on Jan 18, 2:51 am EST

Light Snow Fog/Mist

22 °F

(-6 °C)Humidity:89 %Wind Speed:NE 10 MPHBarometer:30.14" (1021.2 mb)Dewpoint:19 °F (-7 °C)Wind Chill:11 °F (-12 °C)Visibility:4.00 mi.More Local Wx:3 Day History:

There temp is 1 degree higher then what i have but mine updates every 5 minutes...

This is as of 4 minutes ago!

Correct...I am quite sure that I would be considered the lower lehigh valley ;)

And another FYI the 6 Z NAM now keeps from ABE northeast into NE PA below freezing!

And temp has now dropped to 21 degrees!scooter.gif

RUC holding a lot of areas below freezing, keeping NEPA in the 20s as well. Likely too cold, but...here you go.

post-272-0-32705100-1295337402.gif

Temp is leveling off now, 20.3*F.

ASOS doesn't know what sleet is...it may report freezing rain, snow, or unknown precip when its sleeting. However, note that the visibility is now 4 miles.. much higher than the 1 1/4 it reported an hour ago. Its a sure sign its transitioned to sleet.

Allentown Lehigh Valley International Airport

Lat: 40.66 Lon: -75.43 Elev: 390

Last Update on Jan 18, 2:51 am EST

Light Snow Fog/Mist

22 °F

(-6 °C)Humidity:89 %Wind Speed:NE 10 MPHBarometer:30.14" (1021.2 mb)Dewpoint:19 °F (-7 °C)Wind Chill:11 °F (-12 °C)Visibility:4.00 mi.More Local Wx:3 Day History:

There temp is 1 degree higher then what i have but mine updates every 5 minutes...

This is as of 4 minutes ago!

ASOS doesn't know what sleet is...it may report freezing rain, snow, or unknown precip when its sleeting. However, note that the visibility is now 4 miles.. much higher than the 1 1/4 it reported an hour ago. Its a sure sign its transitioned to sleet.

Just came back in from outside..i would say it is...in the transitioning stage but it was still snow with sleet...probably very shortly it will be completely sleet but still does not negate it was expected by 1:30 AM here...

Oh and yes my software does detect the difference cause it is now showing snow/sleet with the latest update ..could have saved the outside trip by waiting lol

Just came back in from outside..i would say it is...in the transitioning stage but it was still snow with sleet...probably very shortly it will be completely sleet but still does not negate it was expected by 1:30 AM here...

Oh and yes my software does detect the difference cause it is now showing snow/sleet with the latest update ..could have saved the outside trip by waiting lol

You do know what ASOS is, yes?

You do know what ASOS is, yes?

You do know that my software updates every 5 minutes do you not? Hence why my software shows a temp drop when your Automated Surface observing System has a different temp...

For example currently it says Precipitation at 21 degrees.. which means while ABE is still reporting 22 degrees ..it has dropped back to 21 degrees...

I am not sure why you even asked that question?

Archived