• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
We have at least two weather systems this week. Why aren't we tracking them?

Come on mets and hobbyists - I know Monday night will be only flurries with frz rain Tuesday changing to steady regular rain but this system should be monitored. The midweek system may bring more mix. A possible late week system from the south will interact with very cold temps late in the week.

WE REALLY need to be tracking these weather patterns. I realize we are all cynical after all the screwing over of the DCA and N VA regions in the past two snowstorms but we gotta move on and get back to the main business of American Weather Forums - Tracking the flizzards and Brisbane-like rainstorms this winter in DC.

We don't have any model threads and this state of affairs is breaking my heart.

The weather forums have been totally dead since the 1/12 storm, which people spent many hours tracking. For example, there hasn't been a post in the SNE thread in almost an hour, and there's a potential for major snow/ice Tuesday and then a Miller B storm Friday. Seems sort of weird and I'd like to see some more involvement in tracking these threats soon.

The weather forums have been totally dead since the 1/12 storm, which people spent many hours tracking. For example, there hasn't been a post in the SNE thread in almost an hour, and there's a potential for major snow/ice Tuesday and then a Miller B storm Friday. Seems sort of weird and I'd like to see some more involvement in tracking these threats soon.

It could also be because it's Saturday night :P

It is a shame that we generally have to hunt around for the model discussion in all of the regional forums now. I do wish we could go back to having a better single thread, without all the IMBY stuff that crops up. :thumbsdown: But this is from a guy who doesn't live up in the NE and just likes the big picture anyway :)

It is a shame that we generally have to hunt around for the model discussion in all of the regional forums now. I do wish we could go back to having a better single thread, without all the IMBY stuff that crops up. :thumbsdown: But this is from a guy who doesn't live up in the NE and just likes the big picture anyway :)

And quietly we are watching a big mess from TX to points East...:whistle:

NOUS42 KWNO 161339

ADMNFD

SENIOR DUTY METEOROLOGIST NWS ADMINISTRATIVE MESSAGE

NWS NCEP CENTRAL OPERATIONS CAMP SPRINGS MD

1337Z SUN JAN 16 2011..CORRECTION...RELEASE SONDES TODAY NOT

TOMORROW...

THE 12Z NCEP MODEL PRODUCTION STARTED ON TIME..

12Z RAOB RECAP...

KPP/78970 - 10142; GROUND EQUIP PROBLEMS...

NCEP HPC IS REQUESTING 18Z SOUNDINGS FOR TODAY 1/16 FROM THE

FOLLOWING STATES TX..LA..OK..AR..THIS WOULD INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING

UPPER AIR SITES..72249 FWD..72250 BRO..72251 CRP..72261 DRT..72265

MAF..72363 AMA..72364 EPZ..72240 LCH..72248 SHV..72233 LIX..72340

LZK..72357 OUN..

74646 LMN..

THE REASON FOR THE REQUEST FOLLOWS...

IT WOULD BE BENEFICIAL TO THE MODEL GUIDANCE IF ALL UPPER AIR

SITES IN OKLAHOMA, ARKANSAS, TEXAS, AND LOUISIANA WERE ABLE TO

LAUNCH AN 18Z SET OF BALLOONS/RADIOSONDES TODAY 1/16 TO HELP

BETTER INITIALIZE THE INTERACTION BETWEEN A SOUTHERN STREAM TROUGH

MOVING OUT OF MEXICO AND A NORTHERN STREAM TROUGH EMERGING EAST OF

THE ROCKIES. THIS SHOULD RESULT

IN LESS SPREAD IN THE DETERMINISTIC GUIDANCE COUPLED WITH THE

SCHEDULED WINTER WEATHER RECON.

A CRITICAL WEATHER DAY IS NOT EXPECTED IN THE NEXT 3 DAYS.

$$

SHRUELL/SDM/NCO/NCEP

They tried that a couple weeks ago with severe weather and some regionalists got their panties all in a wad about it. As if only they can talk about and know about severe weather in their area. Ha...I'll never get the childish crap that is always played out here.

They tried that a couple weeks ago with severe weather and some regionalists got their panties all in a wad about it. As if only they can talk about and know about severe weather in their area. Ha...I'll never get the childish crap that is always played out here.

Strawman. Sorry...Perhaps you should start a thread to cover this threat since it may well be a non regional issue and you are a Pro Met. Then again, you don't like to discuss weather when you're not at work.

Strawman. Sorry...Perhaps you should start a thread to cover this threat since it may well be a non regional issue and you are a Pro Met. Then again, you don't like to discuss weather when you're not at work.

Strawman? Okay...so no one got in a tizzy when a svr wx thread was made in the main forum a couple weeks ago. I must have just imagined that.

I discuss plenty of wx topics here, met only, and in the SE region forums. Not sure where you got that.

Ha...and what does being a pro met have to do with starting a thread here? Don't get the implied connection. And besides, I'm not the one bitching about there not being a thread covering the threat. I could care less if there is one made.

Archived