• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Top 10 snowiest big cities in the U.S.

I'm trying to think of a metro area anywhere in the world with a larger population than Toronto AND that averages more snow.

Toronto metro: 5.1 million and 52.4" of snow.

The only one that comes to the top of my head is Moscow. That city is more than twice the size but I can't find any info on how much snow they receive.

I'm trying to think of a metro area anywhere in the world with a larger population than Toronto AND that averages more snow.

Toronto metro: 5.1 million and 52.4" of snow.

The only one that comes to the top of my head is Moscow. That city is more than twice the size but I can't find any info on how much snow they receive.

...so?

NYC is the largest metro in the world with as much snow as it gets as well (20+ million, 28"). :snowman:

...so?

NYC is the largest metro in the world with as much snow as it gets as well (20+ million, 28"). :snowman:

Yeah, that's true.

NYC metro area = 4 times the population of Toronto, but just a little over half the average snowfall. For the "impact" of the snow to be proportionate between the two cities, NYC would have to average 1/4 the snow. Since you average more than 1/4, you win!

I think that's a valid assessment, but I'm no statistician.

Archived