Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Grade your winter so far

Hoosier

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I'm thinking more in terms of a "real" snow (2"+). Sure we may have a few scraps of 0.1" here or there, but the "real" snow accumulating season is kaput for LAF.

Interesting system on the GFS around day 5. I haven't checked the other 12z runs yet...wouldn't be surprised if they are farther north lol

Interesting system on the GFS around day 5. I haven't checked the other 12z runs yet...wouldn't be surprised if they are farther north lol

Euro is wet. GGEM looks like smaller impulses over a few days. I'm really trying find a hint of optimism to get us to 50", but I'm failing. :lol:

The deal is sealed...final grade for my winter regardless of what happens from here on out is an A+.

Well above normal snowfall and well above normal snowcover seem to be in the offing....its been a completely white winter since early December outside of Jan 1-4 and Feb 18-19.

Two 10" snowstorms in 3 weeks, both had thundersnow but the thundersnow and snowfall rates last night were by far more amazing. DTW even reported Thunderstorms, Heavy Snow, visib 0.06 mile.

Also the 2 best busts in my life happened within the last 2.5 weeks:

Feb 5: Forecast partly sunny, Actual 4.1" snow

Feb 20/21: Forecast for my area: 1-2" of snow followed by ice, Actual 10.2" snow.

Archived