joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Severe Weather - New Years Eve 2010

David Reimer

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder how many tornadoes confirmed from this outbreak. If its more than 21 that will be the most tornadoes for all New Years Eve combined since 1950-2009.Also we stay at or under 1300 tornadoes for the year it will be the first time since 1992 that at least 1% of tornadoes are rated as violent.

Greg Carbin (WCM at SPC) just confirmed that the MS Tornado is the earliest tornado on record. The previous tornado that held this record occurred in FL at 11:30 AM back in 1996.

but isn't that still Dec 31st in "SPC time",,,with the 1st starting at 12z (6am)???? that is how they usually update the storm reports map, In fact this tornado is not on the map for jan 1st(none are)

so will this count as a 2010 tornado or 2011?? the 1st i assume if Carbin pointed that out

but isn't that still Dec 31st in "SPC time",,,with the 1st starting at 12z (6am)???? that is how they usually update the storm reports map, In fact this tornado is not on the map for jan 1st(none are)

so will this count as a 2010 tornado or 2011?? the 1st i assume if Carbin pointed that out

SPC time is only for the logging of LSRs. SeverePlot uses GMT to plot data (meaning the current data set available only goes to 2359 UTC 12/31/09). This is a 2011 tornado.

SPC time is only for the logging of LSRs. SeverePlot uses GMT to plot data (meaning the current data set available only goes to 2359 UTC 12/31/09). This is a 2011 tornado.

Using local time, the tornado in Attala County, MS that was surveyed today had a start time of 12:02 am CST.

Teh lulz? Are we 2?

The internets... I knows the languages.

Used for +1 trolling and srs bsnss.

Doesn't change the facts.

Two year olds can't type that well, or understand it for that matter.

Unless you mean two decades... not really a unit after the number, so I shouldn't assume anything.

Just doing my part to make sure people have accurate information and analysis.

The Attala County MS tornado was upgraded to EF3, making it the 7th for the outbreak. Also, SPC has a 4th fatality from Cincinnati, AR, tornado, making for 8 fatalities for the outbreak and making the New Year's outbreak tied for June 5th as the 2nd deadliest outbreak for 2010.

That is incredible. I believe there were 11 strong tornadoes in this outbreak. Sad about the fatalities although.

The Attala County MS tornado was upgraded to EF3, making it the 7th for the outbreak. Also, SPC has a 4th fatality from Cincinnati, AR, tornado, making for 8 fatalities for the outbreak and making the New Year's outbreak tied for June 5th as the 2nd deadliest outbreak for 2010.

That is seriously unreal...wow. Never would anyone of though that would of happened...on the last day of the year.

That is seriously unreal...wow. Never would anyone of though that would of happened...on the last day of the year.

Yeah really put into reality how volatile La Nina winters can be. The concern I have is that I don't think this will be the last significant outbreak this winter.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived