Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
How far NW will it get?

_AR_

How far?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Which line will it make it closest to?

• Further than 5

Honestly, Luzerne/Lackawanna Counties (greater Wyoming Valley) will be lucky to see one inch outta this.

Schuylkiill 2-3 inches, Eastern Poconos 3-7 inches still a good bet.

Probably a pretty good call Jim. We barely have a half inch here at the moment. Snows have picked up again, but it's still quite light and I just don't really see us getting much more than what you said.

Probably a pretty good call Jim. We barely have a half inch here at the moment. Snows have picked up again, but it's still quite light and I just don't really see us getting much more than what you said.

that's being VERY generous and anticipating a moderate snow band finds its way in this area for a good 30-45 minutes..if that doesn't happen 1 inch plus..best..

Right now a coating in Pittston...driving back from Wal-Mart looked like someone had sprinkled powdered sugar on the roads.

And the funny part in all this - if you drive a around 20 minutes east into NJ, your looking at over a foot. Im purely astonished with these snowfall gradients.

But Jim - one crack-shot question and I may be wrong here - but how are you forecasting higher totals for eastern Poconos when Easton is more south and slightly east? Wouldn't it be the other way around? I'm hoping your totals verify!

And the funny part in all this - if you drive a around 20 minutes east into NJ, your looking at over a foot. Im purely astonished with these snowfall gradients.

But Jim - one crack-shot question and I may be wrong here - but how are you forecasting higher totals for eastern Poconos when Easton is more south and slightly east? Wouldn't it be the other way around? I'm hoping your totals verify!

just by elevation enhancement. it snows on the Plateau when its partly cloudy out. Plus Pike County will get some backlash coming out of Orange County NY...

Low end looks good. We have about 1/2 inch in Pittston. I think we end up with an inch here between Wilkes-Barre and Scranton.

Still some very light snow here, but at the most about 3/4 inch accumulation.

Damn. I probably have over an inch, most things arent completely covered though due to wind. You are right. What happened to those big storms that put us in the jackpot?

I knew we weren't going to get much - at the most 6 - 8". But my goodness, it has been snowing for almost 7 hours; light-moderate and most we got was 1"? And now it's pretty much over for our area according to the radar.

We were progged for 4-8 before the snow started to fall. When I noticed that the rapid northwest progress of the precip shield stopped and retreated somewhat soon after it reached I-81, I knew we were in trouble.

Damn. I probably have over an inch, most things arent completely covered though due to wind. You are right. What happened to those big storms that put us in the jackpot?

I'm sure we'll see them again someday, but recent events have not been kind to us. Anything that isn't a lake cutter is either south or east of us.

We were progged for 4-8 before the snow started to fall. When I noticed that the rapid northwest progress of the precip shield stopped and retreated somewhat soon after it reached I-81, I knew we were in trouble.

I'm sure we'll see them again someday, but recent events have not been kind to us. Anything that isn't a lake cutter is either south or east of us.

Yea I kind of saw that coming too =(. It is a disappointment.

Even lake cutters for us in the general Lehigh Valley; Easton/Bethlehem they are tricky for us. QPF usually dissipates before it reaches us. Coastal storms like the ones right now; that have incredible tight gradients. So we're generally in a "screw zone". Ingredients have to be PERFECT for us to get a decent storm.

Well, hopefully, if La Nina behaves likes it supposed to, we'll have the shot at getting crushed while NYC/LI/coastal NJ turn to rain. I almost hate to say that, but this stinks. Brings back too much to last winter when PHL got 20"+ and we got coatings. :gun_bandana::gun_bandana:

Well, hopefully, if La Nina behaves likes it supposed to, we'll have the shot at getting crushed while NYC/LI/coastal NJ turn to rain. I almost hate to say that, but this stinks. Brings back too much to last winter when PHL got 20"+ and we got coatings. :gun_bandana::gun_bandana:

Dude, that's just wrong. While we may wish for storms to trend in our favor, we should never wish ill will against another region to get it.

Dude, that's just wrong. While we may wish for storms to trend in our favor, we should never wish ill will against another region to get it.

Unfortunately in some cases it has to happen...usually when it's forecast to snow up and down the coast that means the storm is too far east for us. There are some cases of sig. snow from 81 to the coast, but more often than not do we need the low to come so far west that the coast has mix/rain issues.

Unfortunately in some cases it has to happen...usually when it's forecast to snow up and down the coast that means the storm is too far east for us. There are some cases of sig. snow from 81 to the coast, but more often than not do we need the low to come so far west that the coast has mix/rain issues.

Yeah I agree with that.

Archived