Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
How far NW will it get?

_AR_

How far?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Which line will it make it closest to?

• Further than 5

I do too,it's climatology, but he's bitter and the tone implied that he hopes that someone gets screwed so we can get snow.

I don't mean any ill will on weenies to our east. I apologize. Moment of bitterness.

With that said, hopefully we get ours in a couple of weeks. At least it will warm up later this week and this cold and dry crap will be gone!

IM used to missing the epic storms---last winter I was in daytona beach shivering during the Snowpocolapse, this year I am in Scranton, and years past I have been vacationing in Florida when the big ones hit, feb 06, etc, So watching this is nothing new....

I still can't believe we've only had an inch of snow all season in Scranton. It's shocking. And you'll never get a dynamic storm in this area like they are getting at the coast right now---it just doesn't happen...maybe once a century (1993?)

Laughably, i just heard a plow truck go by!

Actually, if it would have been like it is at the shore out here, i'd be stuck standing in a snowdrift doing live reports every few minutes--and I really don't want to do that...so, enjoy what we got!

NWS bing still has my area 3-5 inches tonight....That will bust horribly.

That's 4 storms in the course of almost a year with a sharp gradient, and the Lehigh Valley has only been on the good side of one of them.

-12/19: 6" here, 24" in Philly

-2/6: 8" here, 20"-something in Philly

-2/25: 13" here, some other areas had higher totals but not too extreme

-12/16: Probably no more than 4" here, 25-30"+ in C NJ

I'm not counting 2/10 because that one crushed everybody east of I-81. The Lehigh Valley was near the jackpot zone with consistent 1.5-2"/hr rates.

So basically, we've had terrible luck with sharp cutoffs recently. Hopefully no more storms like this happen this winter, they're too risky and I'm tired of them.

Archived