Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    19,042
    Total Members
    49,013
    Most Online
    loganboehmewx
    Newest Member
    loganboehmewx
    Joined

Winter 2026-2027 Speculation


40/70 Benchmark
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 10/8/2026 at 9:44 AM, CT Valley Snowman said:

I think going below average is fine, but I have too much respect for SNE climo, the CC related propensity for more extreme precip events including large snowfalls, and the 2nd half of winter "wildcard" pattern like 82-83 to just go complete ratter.  I'd probably honestly go 25-40" in Boston rather than 15-30" if one was using 15" increments.  

It’s really hard to project below normal snowfall south of the pike. If there was a year that would be a candidate, it would be this one. However, the entire winter could be a rat on balance, but all it takes is one storm.

Places around Fall River got an entire seasons worth of snow in one event last year. You just can’t predict that type of variance. It literally could only take one storm.

Id guess Boston points south can set the snooze button for most of the winter though. Background climate state screams a lot of elevated interior events, and more than likely deep elevated interior, like NNE.

Im not optimistic here, but we had 2 really good events last year, so it is what it is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

JMA OCTOBER UPDATE

**I think I rotated map too much, so actually the bottom needs to swing a little to the right. I think you'll see it makes a difference. Sorry about that.

DJF

Screenshot_20261009_095207_Chrome.thumb.

DEC

Screenshot_20261009_095823_Chrome.thumb.

JAN

Screenshot_20261009_100006_Chrome.thumb.

 

**For individual months Jan is as far out as one can go until next month's update. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...