• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring/Summer banter

On 3/4/2024 at 6:21 AM, Holston_River_Rambler said:

Beautiful fantasy storm on the 6z GFS: (unless you live in Kingsport or Halls)

giphy.gif

QlCeZxN.png

GFS has been trying to to create a strong storm around 16 - 19th for a few runs now. Heck, I'd just love to see a strong storm take that track, lol. 

Just pull that thing 50-100 miles further East. 

• Like 2

Interesting… yesterday after church I started clearing out two landscaping beds. I’m redoing them and reshaping the beds itself. Underneath a Japanese Maple I’ve got some “big blue” which is basically miniature monkey grass that spreads together and makes a nice thick ground cover that gets purple blossoms in late summer. So I was transplanting that yesterday and ran across two white(ish) gray baby snakes alive and kicking hiding in the 6” grass. I’m not a snake expert by no means but this seems a little early in the season. Unfortunately one of them I chopped in half but the other I relocated to a creek that’s 150 yards away. Thoughts?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2024 at 8:32 AM, PowellVolz said:

Interesting… yesterday after church I started clearing out two landscaping beds. I’m redoing them and reshaping the beds itself. Underneath a Japanese Maple I’ve got some “big blue” which is basically miniature monkey grass that spreads together and makes a nice thick ground cover that gets purple blossoms in late summer. So I was transplanting that yesterday and ran across two white(ish) gray baby snakes alive and kicking hiding in the 6” grass. I’m not a snake expert by no means but this seems a little early in the season. Unfortunately one of them I chopped in half but the other I relocated to a creek that’s 150 yards away. Thoughts?

Sounds like water snake. Although, could be black. Their is a small breed that old timers used to call a Thunderhead. It was either black or gray with a white ring around the Neck. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Daniel Boone said:

Sounds like water snake. Although, could be black. Their is a small breed that old timers used to call a Thunderhead. It was either black or gray with a white ring around the Neck. 

Gray Ratsnakes are pretty common in Tn

Gray-Ratsnake-State-of-Tennessee-Wildlife-Resources-Agency.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Vols are still in it! Sweet 16. One of my brackets is doing well, but it requires Tennessee to the Final Four. The others are bust.

In other news, the Central/West and Ohio Valley both lack total eclipse threads for April 8. What a pity! New England has a thread, but I sure hope it's clear much closer.
We had a thread going two years before August 2017. Who started it? Thank you! Search is acting up now. Tennessee Valley remains the best Region!

505536357_bracketmeme.jpg.3c86ab5201063133a40f737dfb301688.jpg

• Like 4

Vols are still in it! Sweet 16. One of my brackets is doing well, but it requires Tennessee to the Final Four. The others are bust.

In other news, the Central/West and Ohio Valley both lack total eclipse threads for April 8. What a pity! New England has a thread, but I sure hope it's clear much closer.
We had a thread going two years before August 2017. Who started it? Thank you! Search is acting up now. Tennessee Valley remains the best Region!
505536357_bracketmeme.jpg.3c86ab5201063133a40f737dfb301688.jpg

Not because I’m a fan but I think Tennessee is a terrible matchup for Creighton. Won’t be the first time I’m wrong but what Tenn does well on offense and defense is not what Creighton wants to see. That being said, Tenn can’t shoot as bad as they have the last several games and win. Below 40% in 4 of the last 5 will not beat Creighton. One thing that give me hope is the Texas game was our crap the bed game we have lost every tournament but this time we were good enough to win. Creighton plays solid team defense but everyone of their losses, the other team had a player they couldn’t guard one on one. Creighton is gonna have a hard time with DK.

• Like 2

Still top analog is Mid April 1998 by the NAM 12z today,Disco from Nahshville

LONG TERM...
(Monday Night through next Sunday)
Issued at 1106 AM CDT Sun Mar 31 2024

The main concern in the extended forecast continues to be on
Tuesday with the expectation of some severe storms. A wave of
energy within a larger positively-tilted, broad trough will eject
out of the SW CONUS on Monday with a surface low developing in
response. The surface low will move from the Ozarks into the
Midwest and deepen as Tuesday progresses. Storms could be ongoing
early Tuesday morning to our north and west. A couple of the CAMS
including the HRRR have some activity leaking into our northwest
around dawn. There could be enough instability in place where a
severe storm cannot be ruled out. The main show continues to
appear to be in the afternoon ahead of the cold front. Models
continue to show surface CAPE values between 500 to close to 900
J/kg during the afternoon. Models are suggesting storms will
develop ahead of the front over the western third of the CWA and
move eastward as the afternoon and evening progresses. 0-500mb
bulk shear will be ample to support organized updrafts with values
greater than 60 kts. 0-1 km SRH values could be between 200-250
m2/s2 over the eastern half of the area Tuesday afternoon. Storm
modes may be a mix bag of clusters, supercells, or line segments.
Given all of that damaging winds, large hail, and tornadoes all
look possible. The severe storm window should end between 00z and
03z Wednesday.

CIPS-Analog-Guidance (1).png

Tennessee could have beaten Purdue. All those 12-15 FT jumpers for 2 points were just awful shots with low expected value. And lots of time on the shot clock to boot. Yeah try a 3 if open. Otherwise go inside and get fouled. I'm pissed. Though a Kansas guy, I've gotten attached to Tennessee basketball. Still a great season for the Vols!

Congratulations to Alabama first Final Four in school history! Fans just have fun and soak it in. UConn is a tough assignment. Players should not fear UConn. Fans manage expectations and enjoy it. That's easier said than done though. Wichita St. 2013.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, nrgjeff said:

Tennessee could have beaten Purdue. All those 12-15 FT jumpers for 2 points were just awful shots with low expected value. And lots of time on the shot clock to boot. Yeah try a 3 if open. Otherwise go inside and get fouled. I'm pissed. Though a Kansas guy, I've gotten attached to Tennessee basketball. Still a great season for the Vols!

Congratulations to Alabama first Final Four in school history! Fans just have fun and soak it in. UConn is a tough assignment. Players should not fear UConn. Fans manage expectations and enjoy it. That's easier said than done though. Wichita St. 2013.

As a BAMA fan.  I am just happy to experience happiness in March/April Madness!!! lol! I don’t see us beating UConn but stranger things have happened.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...