• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2024 obs

GaWx

I’ve taken thousands of walks and until yesterday evening I had never seen three snakes in one walk. I don’t know if I’ve even seen two though I may have once or twice. 99% of the time I see none. So, seeing three yesterday was so ridiculously improbable! Two were poisonous and both apparently were Copperheads of different types. I’d post pics of them here but can’t due to attachment limits. 
 Temperatures were in the 70s while dewpoints were in the 50s. The breeze was light.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, marsman said:

.64" in the bucket from this event. Good wash down of the pollen. Driving around yesterday morning the pollen created a greenish fog in some areas east of Raleigh.

I was at Cameron village when the first rain came through yesterday about 4:00 and the streets sidewalks and gutters turned completely yellow. It was disgusting 

Beneficial generous rains (0.8”) fell in the Fayetteville, NC, area during the last 24 hours as well as east of there in E NC in the previously dry areas, which were still there as of TUE (3/26). Thus I’m expecting some improvement on next week’s map. Overall, the SE looks great for now as regards a lack of drought in advance of the oncoming La Niña.

IMG_9508.thumb.png.ef9f90a0b31557003f4325804e8dbfce.png 

• Like 1

Happy Easter wishes to everyone! The wx here has been awesome for so many days in a row! Had two good walks prior two days and enjoyed sitting IMBY yesterday evening just relaxing and watching Mother Nature. Stopped to smell the roses.

At KSAV (airport) March came in near normal with precip (3.81” actual vs 3.50” normal) and 3.4 warmer than normal (63.4 vs 60.0). Heaviest day of rainfall was 1” (1st). There were 11 days of measurable rain. Warmest was 87 (15th) while coldest was 40 (11th, 19th). Six days averaged BN (2 or more BN) and only one day MBN (8 or more BN) while 20 days averaged AN (2 or more AN) and 6 days MAN (8 or more AN).

• GaWx changed the title to March 2024 obs

Posted this in wrong thread. This was for March 31.

Warm today. High of 86, highest of the year, dew points in the low 50's made it a little bit uncomfortable.

End of month stats:

Highest temp: 86

Lowest temp: 36

Highest dew point: 67

Lowest dew point: 19

Rainfall: 8.16"